Weight loss pills?

Options
Is anybody here taking some weight loss pills that actually work, i would like some help to control my hunger

Replies

• crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    they're useless now that ephedra has been banned since 2006 or something similar. it's the ECA stack (ephedra caffeine and asprin) that would stop hunger and help with the thermogenic properties to burn more fat.
  • Lisone
    Lisone Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do.. DO NOT take Alli. It's a nightmare. If you want to know about "real side effects," message me and I'll tell you all about it. Terrible.

The only best way to control hunger is to eat good, natural, whole grain foods full of fiber that will naturally fill you up. Once your body is used to eating the right amounts and the right food, the stomach will shrink down and you won't be so hungry anymore.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I had always wanted to try something like that, but have realized over the last almost 100 days of being on here that the only thing that really works for me is cutting portions and finding time to fit in exercise. You can do this on your own without a pill :)
  • bselke83
    bselke83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You should try slimquick you can get from the drugstore or places like target or walmart.. It really helps with your hunger and it doesn't make you weird feeling like some of the stronger ones and it helps you lose weight quicker then doing it just by working out and eating better.. Check it out.. Its in the white and blue bottles..
  • mbowman323
    mbowman323 Posts: 216
    Options
    :( the only fda one is my alli. Scarry thing with that is if you accidently give into your urge and eat something high in fat you will have oily butt discharge. Diet pills don't work believe me I wish they did. It would be a whole lot easier to just take a pill instead of workout and eat right. Also here are some tips from webmd http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/15-foods-to-help-you-lose
  • tmontgomery69
    tmontgomery69 Posts: 180
    Options
    Pills are not a healthy way to lose weight and or control your hunger. Try to eat as "clean" as possible and try eating protein with "every" meal/snack.
  • ocsurfmama
    ocsurfmama Posts: 127
    Options
    I was actually talking with my doctor about this topic a few months ago. Because of the serious side affects from most products he recommended that I do a cleanse and then after that the key would be to drink water, water, and more water.

Water has really helped me tame the hunger pangs. I drink a 16 oz glass when I first get up in the morning. Then I drink a full glass before meals and my daily snacks. I eat smaller portions at meal time so I can have snacks in between each meal and one before bed.

Have you talked to your doctor about them? Most people I know that have used them said that they helped kick off their weight loss but raised their heart rates to high, and then they didn't help at all. It's a very expensive way to get little if no benefit.
  • KaraHB
    KaraHB Posts: 9
    Options
    Actually, I like Glucomannan. When I can remember to take it before meals, it really helps me to feel fuller. It is the same stuff that's in the diet pill Lipozene but I buy mine from www.vitacost.com. I get a really big bottle that lasts for awhile. Since it's just fiber, it's pretty harmless and it does help to "keep things moving".
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    You should try slimquick you can get from the drugstore or places like target or walmart.. It really helps with your hunger and it doesn't make you weird feeling like some of the stronger ones and it helps you lose weight quicker then doing it just by working out and eating better.. Check it out.. Its in the white and blue bottles..

If you use Slimquick get the caffine free one! if you are going to take them (and I know several people that have used this one) and they found it really helped with no harmful stuff. When they stopped they didn't gain weight back at all...that said...if you are going to take them, you still need to maintain your diet and excercise....they will not help if you do not.

The product helps...but don't exceed the time is suggests...use it to help you get started....:smile:
  • earlene1971
    earlene1971 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try the 17 day diet......it has been great!!!! Hunger is gone!!!!!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I take the kick *kitten* every day pill. It's free and invisible and I can take as many as I want. I just ate 3 of them.
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Kicking up my protein intake REALLY helped with my hunger. I don't take any pills or anything because I am viewing this as a lifestyle change instead of a diet. I'm not going to harp on you about the dangers, but PLEASE understand that diet pill companies rely on you buying them for a LONG time, so they really aren't effective. Look at "diet" foods. They are super high in sodium, which makes you retain water and not lose as much weight, but people keep buying them because they're portrayed as "healthy".
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Noooo... but if you eat small meals (between 250-300 calories) every 2-3 hours that are high in protein and fiber, you will get the same effect and the following benefits:

1) You won't be hungry
    2) You'll keep your metabolism revved up
    3) You'll lose weight.

No quick fix to your long term health and fitness. Just small changes that add up over a loooong time!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I take the kick *kitten* every day pill. It's free and invisible and I can take as many as I want. I just ate 3 of them.

Where do you get them!!!! :wink:
  • manymuses
    manymuses Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    They do not exist. If they did, no one would be obese.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options

I get mine on the street!
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to up my fiber, since I started logging I noiticed it was the one thing that was shockingly low, I find taking fiber powder or fiber one bars make me feel really full, like I just ate a big meal sometimes. Thats what I'd suggest, diet pills really freak me out.
  • mbowman323
    mbowman323 Posts: 216
    Options

Haha I like!
  • MB_Positif
    Options

HA! I take these too....
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    :( the only fda one is my alli. Scarry thing with that is if you accidently give into your urge and eat something high in fat you will have oily butt discharge. Diet pills don't work believe me I wish they did. It would be a whole lot easier to just take a pill instead of workout and eat right. Also here are some tips from webmd http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/15-foods-to-help-you-lose

Laughed so hard I snorted on the oily butt discharge comment...