Great recipes for PESCATARIANS?

I've been a pescatarian for about 3 weeks now and was wondering if anyone had quick but yummy recipes for me ?

Replies

• DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    *Googling pescatarian*
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Oh I see now. Possibilities with seafood are endless. I could live on it if I won the lottery.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Allrecipes.com has a ton of recipes. Libraries usually have cookbooks, too.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    I eat a crap-ton of faux meat products. But that's not a recipe.

For quick fish recipes I marinate quickly in low sodium soy sauce, minced garlic, stevia, and crushed red pepper, then bake or cook in the pan. I also use the same preparation for pan "fried" tofu. Also, not a whole lot of recipe.

I suggest google :)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Pinterest -- make an account and try various search terms.
    I don't eat fish, but the easiest thing to make is some salmon on a frying pan with some fresh or dried dill (no added oil because salmon is naturally oily.
  • Thank you all :) going to try some new things out
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Fish tacos are pretty tasty. And I love salmon with an Asian soy glaze. Or salmon pasta. Seared tuna with sesame seeds. Fish curry using white fish. Oven baked trout. Any white fish cooked in a tomato and olive sauce.
  • abbyoncloud9
    abbyoncloud9 Posts: 48 Member
    I bake salmon with lime juice, chili, and lemon pepper seasoning. Delish!
  • Boganella
    Boganella Posts: 42 Member
  • FlyingNunley
    FlyingNunley Posts: 18 Member
    Fish soups and chowdahs are my thing right now. I used a rescipe from The Joy of Cooking.
    Two staple go-to's for baked fish are chop up a bunch of fresh herbs, coat the fish and salt, pepper and olive oil. Other go-to is Dijon mustard, lemon juice & worcestershire whisked together coat fish and bake. It works for any fish
  • hollypend
    hollypend Posts: 19 Member
    edited January 2015

• hollypend
    hollypend Posts: 19 Member
    edited January 2015
    Lemon dill fish. I use tilapia. Drizzle fish with some lemon. Then coat with dill (I use penzey's spices). Place on parchment lined baking sheets with lemon slices atop each (so pretty now). Bake at 350 for just a few minutes or until cooked through. It's been a favorite in my house - even my teenage daughter!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    My husband has been pescetarian for 12-13 years, and we do eat fish and seafood. But really, he doesn't eat THAT much fish/shrimp/crab etc. I wouldn't even say it's the bulk of his diet. Mostly he eats similarly to a vegetarian diet, but with eggs. Lots of beans, lentils, and some meat substitutes like TVP or veggie bacon/burgers (we really like Morningstar). Veggie pizza, omelets, stir fry or curries with tofu...

Pinterest is great for more specific recipes & new ideas too!
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Been Pescatarian for over 6 years now. Im on Pinterest also and have a ton of recipes. Here's a link to follow my pescatarian board if you want.

http://www.pinterest.com/jcridand0330/

Good luck :)
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    I put my fish in a green pan with no oil. On one side of pan I melt a tiny bit of serrano pepper jelly and mix with a tiny bit of low sodium soy sauce. Then I braise my fish with this. Tastes so good, even my teenage son likes it.
  • moppy1356
    moppy1356 Posts: 7 Member
    what is a 'green' pan - non-stick?