best snacks to curb sweet cravings?

Options
What have people found works best to curb those sweet cravings?!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Working treats into your calorie deficit
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    milk chocolate
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I don't know about curb, but certain foods seem to satisfy my sweet cravings. Dark chocolate, and hot chocolate seem to hit the spot for under 100 calories each.
  • riahb2012
    riahb2012 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @SezxyStef‌ lol yes that would be my first choice! Looking for snacks to replace chocolate, sweets etc. But still taste good! :smiley:
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Hard candy
  • riahb2012
    riahb2012 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @TimothyFish‌ great idea! You mean like boiled fruit flavoured sweets right?
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I buy the Ghiradelli dark chocolate squares. Low cal and tasty!
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Anything with coconut.
  • Bekah1023
    Bekah1023 Posts: 1
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Maybe try snacking on baby carrots, they have a sweetness and crunch that seem to fill the void for me (sometimes).
    You might also try yogurt, I think Greek tastes the best and it is a great source of protein and probiotics. There are lots of flavors that mimic sweets (coconut, key lime pie, Boston cream pie, etc.). Sometimes I also add treats like shaved almonds or mini chocolate chips (I know, chocolate again, but a few of the mini chips add flavor without too many calories).
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I mix 2 tablespoons of almond butter with a teaspoon of cinnamon and a dash of salt. Then use it as a dip for carrots or celery. Very satisfying to me at least...
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate works for me. I don't *love* it so I don't binge on it, but it has all of the chocolate-y goodness.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Whatever you crave ... have it.

There is no long-term success in denial.

Just keep it reasonable and within your calorie quota.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Meeeeaaaatt.

Or really, anything with protein. It does some magical stomach filling thing to me.
  • cjhess2012
    cjhess2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I eat a serving of Honey Nut Cherrios, dry, in the evenings. It gives me the sweet crunch I'm looking for at only 110 calories.
  • Amisha136
    Amisha136 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    An apple with about two servings natural peanut butter (make sure the ingredients are only peanuts - nothing else) kills all my cravings for sweet and fatty foods for the day. Also, you could get stevia, vanilla extract, and cocoa powder and whip it into plain greek yogurt or plain cottage cheese for a delish cheesecake like treat
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of the Brookside dark chocolate covered pomegranates. They have other chocolate covered things too though.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    After dinner I sip on a cup of decaf with extra Equal. Helps the sweet cravings AND keeps me from snacking before bed.
  • shattrdillusion
    Options
    I like clementines, berries, or greek yogurt, they're usually sweet enough. I also keep a small stash of fun size candy bars on hand, having them individually packaged *sometimes* keeps me from going overboard when I need a serious sugar fix! Ooh and the "real fruit" popsicles aren't too bad depending on the flavor!
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I like to snack on fruit when my sweet tooth attacks. Late at night before bed I usually do a flavored tea with some sugar and that helps too. Sometimes thats not enough and I make due with eating the sweets just don't go overboard and work the rest of the days calories around it.
  • christylynn622
    christylynn622 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have a bad sweet tooth, but since really recommitting to this on 1/5, I have found that eating plenty of protein with every meal has really curbed my cravings.