How do you get most of your protein

Options
I have protein with breakfast, protein with dinner, I have a boiled egg for one of my snacks and still I'm not hitting my protein macro. I'm going to add Greek yogurt to the mix today.

Any suggestions from anyone who keeps below their calories while hitting their protein macro are welcome.

Replies

• astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast, eggs, egg whites, tofu, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, fish
  • Th3Ph03n1x
    Th3Ph03n1x Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Tofu... hadn't thought of that one thanks.
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    If you want you can add me as a friend and creep my diary. I try to hit 100-145 grams a day. Eggs and Ham, protein shakes, Lean meat, yogurt, I double the meat on my sandwiches at Subway... etc. I rarely get the common carbs you think of, maybe one slice of bread or one potato a day. I'm not perfect at it yet, but I try :)
    ETA: I am a IIFYM person, no food is off limits for me and I eat what I like. You will see cheese spread and hershey's kisses, pop tarts and hot dogs. I have 2 kids, it is what it is.
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    If you need half your calories from protein like I do then I haven't found another way besides taking 2 scoops of protein powder daily.
  • abuljooj
    abuljooj Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    chicken, eggs, fish, lean beef and i use optimum nutrition whey to supplement on days where I didn't come close to hitting my macro... one scoop has 24g of protein packed into only 120 cals and 3g of carbs
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I used to always incorporate one egg mixed with half a cup of egg whites into my breakfast every morning. However, recently I have become addicted to Quest's Vanilla Milkshake flavored protein powder, one scoop of that blended is absolutely delicious and super high in protein (or even mixed into oatmeal with some nut butter - preferably Justin's maple almond butter!)
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    On days I actually remember to log, it involves meat and protein bars after a workout. I love Greek yogurt for a snack or roasted edamame on a salad, but nothing hits it quite like a lean steak.
  • Th3Ph03n1x
    Options
    1Cor1510 wrote: »
    If you want you can add me as a friend and creep my diary. I try to hit 100-145 grams a day. Eggs and Ham, protein shakes, Lean meat, yogurt, I double the meat on my sandwiches at Subway... etc. I rarely get the common carbs you think of, maybe one slice of bread or one potato a day. I'm not perfect at it yet, but I try :)
    ETA: I am a IIFYM person, no food is off limits for me and I eat what I like. You will see cheese spread and hershey's kisses, pop tarts and hot dogs. I have 2 kids, it is what it is.

Awesome, thanks.

abuljooj wrote: »
    chicken, eggs, fish, lean beef and i use optimum nutrition whey to supplement on days where I didn't come close to hitting my macro... one scoop has 24g of protein packed into only 120 cals and 3g of carbs

I have some of that with breakfast but maybe I should up it a little.

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Chicken, turkey, pastrami, beef, pork, ostrich, horse, tuna, pilchards, mackerel, sardines, halibut, monkfish, basa, cod, cottage cheese, milk, yogurt, whey protein supplements.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    meat, eggs, powder
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Chicken, Protein Powder, Cottage Cheese, and Greek Yogurt are my main sources!
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Tofu, beans, faux meats, and protein powder.
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Chicken, tuna and cottage cheese :)
  • richardositosanchez
    richardositosanchez Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Eggs, chicken, peanut butter, almond butter.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Here, read this.
  • freespyryt
    freespyryt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Protein powder, chicken, lean beef, Greek yogurt and string cheese are basically my sources of protein.
  • aSearch4Me
    aSearch4Me Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Ditto on all of the above. Baked tofu = an excellent snack. I would also suggest reduced-sodium, nitrate-free beef jerky or meat snacks for snacking.

I also add protein powder to my shakes each morning. It's super-filling. I like Hemp Protein Powder (great source of nutrients, protein, AND fiber with no added ingredients. 4 Tbs = 120 calories, 16 grams protein, 6 g carbs- 5 of which are fiber, 4 g fat). If I need a little extra protein boost in my meal plan for the day, I add Whey Protein Isolate mixed into flax or almond milk (Whey protein isolate, 1 scoop= 110 calories, 1g carb, 25g protein, 1 g fat)
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Eggs, chicken, beans, goat meat, deli slices (usually coupled with eggs), quinoa. I've tried powders and bars and supplements, but just can't stand any of them.
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Mung bean fettucine, black bean pasta (both made by Explore Asian) - approx. 25g protein per serving,...Spirulina, Nutritional yeast as a topping (8g in 1TBSP), egg whites..and Sun Warrior Protein powder, Shrimp...for starters.
  • Th3Ph03n1x
    Options
    aakaakaak wrote: »
    Here, read this.

Perfect... thanks