best snacks to curb sweet cravings?

Options

Replies

• a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I buy the 100 calorie packs. The little treats are enough to get rid of the cravings while easily fitting into calories
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I like nuts (walnuts, almonds), coconut flakes (naturally sweet). These are both fatty so you need to be careful about portions, but they are delicious and filling. The added fat will really help with your sugar cravings.
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    milk chocolate

stef you forgot the wine :)
  • aplcr0331
    aplcr0331 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying some Jolly Rancher Cinnamon candies. Pretty small calorie wise, and since its a hard candy it can satisfy more than eating chocolate for me.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    For me the best way to curb cravings has been to stop "snacking" altogether, instead eat five square meals (almost) every day, aiming for a tasty, balanced and varied diet with enough fat, protein and vitamins, and letting at least one meal a day be pure "comfort food" - fruit, nuts and cheese, or a smoothie, or yogurt with nuts and natural sweetener.
  • r5d5
    r5d5 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I like to have clementines or berries.
    mini marshmallows are also delicious :)
    popsicles are wonderful.
    i also like jello with whipped cream or puddings.
    aaaannnnnnd kettle corn popcorn in the single serve bags.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, another thing I like are fresh blueberries + pumpkin spice.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Pork Rinds work well for me plus they have ZERO carbs.
  • fizzleh
    fizzleh Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I just have hot water with natural sweetness in it like a little honey, jasmine, lemon or mint.
  • normankramer1
    Options
    riahb2012 wrote: »
    What have people found works best to curb those sweet cravings?!

Try water with lemon in it. People found works best to curb those sweet cravings. It takes about 5 to10 minutes, so find something else to do. Or try 60% cocoa chips. I think 16 chips are about 80 calories.
    riahb2012 wrote: »
    What have people found works best to curb those sweet cravings?!

• MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    plain yogurt mixed with either peanut butter, raspberries and cinnamon, or unsweetened cocoa powder and peanut butter.
    Or an apple with peanut butter.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Eating it.
  • ssmith31
    ssmith31 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Dark Chocolate or a glass of regular milk. I also make sure I never say I "can't" have anything.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    aakaakaak wrote: »
    Meeeeaaaatt.

Or really, anything with protein. It does some magical stomach filling thing to me.

Ditto. If it's just a small craving I typically put sugar in my tea or coffee. But when I've already had something sweet and I'm looking for more, I have meat or I exercise. Both take the craving away.

• NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    bacon
  • kbare85
    kbare85 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    a_candler wrote: »
    I buy the 100 calorie packs. The little treats are enough to get rid of the cravings while easily fitting into calories

Yep same here. I also really like the Kellogg's Pastry Crisps. Only 100 calories for a package of 2 crisps. They have several flavors including a few chocolate ones (though the berry streusel is my fave).
  • ana3067
    Options
    bacon

chocolate-covered-bacon.jpg
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    bacon

OMG, that looks so good. I have never seen chocolate covered bacon, lol. The world seems whole again.

OP just portion out your treats and fit them in your calories. I have a daily treat, so I don't get massive cravings that lead to binges.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Amisha136 wrote: »
    An apple with about two servings natural peanut butter (make sure the ingredients are only peanuts - nothing else) kills all my cravings for sweet and fatty foods for the day. Also, you could get stevia, vanilla extract, and cocoa powder and whip it into plain greek yogurt or plain cottage cheese for a delish cheesecake like treat

For the calories in this you could probably eat almost a whole chocolate bar?

So my suggest would be...chocolate.
  • ana3067
    Options
    jnv7594 wrote: »
    ana3067 wrote: »
    bacon

OMG, that looks so good. I have never seen chocolate covered bacon, lol. The world seems whole again.

OP just portion out your treats and fit them in your calories. I have a daily treat, so I don't get massive cravings that lead to binges.

I really need to make some one day, I know that it tastes good though because I think I've had chocolate with bacon before. Plu sbacon with anything sweet is AMAZING, like maple syrup
    200_s.gif