Walk Away the Pounds? Thoughts

Options
Hello All!

I have limited space and neighbors wouldn't appreciate jumps around lol
So I purchased a Walk Away the Pounds DVD with Toning bands this morning at my grocery store! I want to do something and with snow and ice it's hard to walk outside. So I thought I'd give this a try! Anyone have any positive experience with this??

I'd love to hear what people think.

Thanks!

Replies

• amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I personally haven't used the walk away the pounds, but some of my MFP friends have and have found great success.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    It's harder than you may think it will be. Get heavier weights/ankle weights once it starts to get easy. :)
  • kickinmom
    kickinmom Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I like them. But I found I outpaced them easily. I see people can lose a lot of weight with them, but that wasn't the case with me.
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    I love WATP dvd's. I use them if I can't get outside or to the Y. I think the time and miles go by quickly. Have fun!
  • Singr99
    Singr99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've used them in the past. I got bored pretty quickly, but if it's all you can do while it's cold & icy outside, it's better than sitting on the couch! I agree with the suggestion to get heavier weights as it gets easier.
  • Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Anything that gets you moving and burns calories above what you normally do in your daily routine is a good thing...
  • kismea
    kismea Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I used the series many moons ago - I had the entire set - they were fantastic when I didn't want to hit the gym, or go for a run, etc. As the ONLY workout you will find it boring as heck very early in. As a few times a week they are a nice added bonus. Like others have said, if it gets you moving vs sitting on the sofa, do it. I really liked them :)
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    There are a bunch of her full length videos on YouTube as well, if you find you like them.
  • salobrau
    salobrau Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Check out your local library. Ours has a huge variety of yoga, walking, aerobics dvds to check out for free. If you don't like it, at least you didn't pay $ for it.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Yes walking can work. After you lose the pounds you do have to tone/recomp that is what I am currently working on. Good Luck on Your Journey
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,905 Member
    Options
    I like Leslie Sasonne. I have one of her DVDs and I've also done a few of her Youtube workouts at work. Although they aren't my favorite workouts, they are great when you can't get out of the house and need to get moving.
  • samhynes7469
    samhynes7469 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i have 2 small chilldren so its hard for me to find time.... i really like the 5 min walk work outs, they are low impact, but you can exaggerate your movements and get a better work out.

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I like to do those workouts sometimes. It isn't the only exercise I do but they are easy to follow and a decent workout.
  • gantzgirl87
    gantzgirl87 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    After a while her DVDs get annoying, but when I first lost weight (75lbs) I did it using just her DVDs and diet. I did gain half of that back after my mom passed, but that's another story. I do think the DVDs are a great supplement for days when you don't feel like going anywhere just to keep moving.
  • Ribbittee
    Ribbittee Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm using these now and I'm having some success. I have a few of them and rotate the workouts, but they're basically all the same. When I get tired of the chatter, I simply turn off the sound ;)
  • kbhmmom
    kbhmmom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have used the 3 Mega Miles DVD with the exercise bands for 2 years now, coupled with walking outdoors when I can and an occasional Gazelle workout tossed in. My daughter uses the 5 Mega Miles for cross-training when she trains for half-marathons. While I haven't had a huge loss of weight (due to my own food consumption decisions), I have lost 20-25 lbs gradually, kept it off during that time, and I have seen definite body shape changes that I don't see from just walking. Boring? Yes, but I like something mindless for the most part. I also use that time to decide what I'm going to wear to work, what's for dinner, etc. and the time goes by fairly quickly. I did just last night look at her website to see if there is anything new that I would be interested in and see that she has added HiiT to her new DVD's. Has anyone tried those?
  • girlyfied
    girlyfied Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I struggled and struggled to create an exercise routine until I found WATP. It's what got me exercising on a regular basis. I like Leslie and her very upbeat personality a lot.

Another suggestion for indoor walking is Jessica Smith. She has DVDs, downloads and a YouTube channel with lots of walking workouts (and non-walking workouts). Search for JessicaSmithTV. She's awesome.