Vivofit, Fitbit OR Jawbone??

Options
SweetMegz04
SweetMegz04 Posts: 459 Member
edited January 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey All,

I am trying to see which I want to get.
Any input on those who use one or the other or had a similar issue?

Thanks in advance!! :)

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    What do you want to get from it?

Lots of fans of all three on here will tell you theirs is great, but it really depends on whether you're going to use it in the same way they do.
  • jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    There are forums for each on MFP. You may want to post your question in each and see the responses. I have a FitBit Flex and can tell you about that, but that's the only one I have experience with.
  • SwimMighty
    SwimMighty Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have the Vivofit. No experience with others. I got this one because:
    1. I know Garmin, good opinion of them.
    2. I wanted the option for the heart rate monitor/strap for training.
    3. Of all the customer reviews I read, most said they liked the display better than Fitbit, & only major complaint was that the strap breaks.
    So far, I'm very happy with it, but just ordered the HR strap so will see if that does what I need.

Good luck finding the best fit for what you need!
  • scrappermom96
    scrappermom96 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit charge and the scale....love them both!
  • SwimMighty
    SwimMighty Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    MimiCate wrote: »
    I have the Vivofit. No experience with others. I got this one because:
    1. I know Garmin, good opinion of them.
    2. I wanted the option for the heart rate monitor/strap for training.
    3. Of all the customer reviews I read, most said they liked the display better than Fitbit, & only major complaint was that the strap breaks.
    So far, I'm very happy with it, but just ordered the HR strap so will see if that does what I need.

Good luck finding the best fit for what you need!

Only thing I don't like: you can import from Garmin connect but you can't load directly from the device into MFP. Other devices, like Fitbit, do work directly with MFP.
  • usflygirl55
    usflygirl55 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit and have had it for almost 4 years. It syncs with MFP with almost no problems. Fitbit has just come out with a Charge HR which monitors your heart rate as well as your activity. I have family members and friends who all love their Fitbit and have actually switched from other fitness devices because of the simplicity and accuracy. Just my 2 cents. :smile:
  • beckybo91
    beckybo91 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit one. I love it! It's nice because it just attaches to my bra and syncs with my phone and MFP very easily. It's easily concealed when wanting to wear something fancy and you almost forget your wearing it. It also tracks your sleep, steps, miles, calories, and how many floors you've climbed. I don't think I'd ever get a different one.