Putting me first

Options
LaDawn74
LaDawn74 Posts: 132 Member
Hi my name is LaDawn. I'm a single Mom of 2 teen girls. I've been putting everyone else first. Well I'm going to start putting me first. I'm tired of hurting all of the time because of my weight.

Replies

• TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    As a mom of four teens, I can honestly say that the best thing you can do for your girls is take care of yourself!! This is a big step in the right direction. Good luck -- this is a great way to start!! I've just recently joined MFP and have already lost 6 lbs. Friend me if you want -- we can encourage each other on the journey.
  • manymuses
    manymuses Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hallelujah! Just in time for mother's day too.

Just keep going, choice by choice, day by day. It really truly works. Don't give up on yourself. You are worth it.
  • sam363
    sam363 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hooray!!! Your children will love you for it! It's a great way to be a healthy role model for them. My daughters are young but they love eating healthy food and having a fun activity like riding bikes while I run/walk along side them.

Welcome to MFP!
  • LaDawn74
    LaDawn74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!!! I'm super excited to get my Body Media Fit arm monitor to help me track my daily actitivies especially on the days I can't get to the gym.

I know the only way to loose properly is when you are doing for yourself.