Where to start?

Options
Hi all im new to all this just wondering how to get back into exercise i used to be quite fit until i had a bad car accident and was unable to move for almost a year and i gained around 6 stone/84lbs i still have all that weight to lose and i also still have a bad back and neck i do walk need some exercise ideas that will burn calories but not completely leave me unable to move for days :blush:

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Is this something you can talk to your doctor about? Have you considered physical therapy or the like to help with your continued back and neck issues? I'd hate to have you take the advice someone gives you here and then be in pain...
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that you don't need to exercise to lose weight. Walking is great exercise all by itself. If walking works for you, then stick with it. You might look into doing some strength training that doesn't hurt your back or neck. Maintaining the muscle you currently have will help you to lose mostly fat as you lose weight.
  • peterandtracymc
    Options
    I don't have any stomach muscles I've also had to have a full hysterectomy, I have spoken to the dr and they have referred me to a surgeon there is lots going on with it, God I sound ready for the knackers yard lol was thinking about ordering a fitness dvd or something like that x
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Sounds like walking or swimming would be a good place for you initially to be honest.