Looking for MFP friendly calorie burn tracker for roller derby

Options
okay, so I'm looking for something similar to a fit bit that I can use for roller derby. Here's the thing though, I can't wear anything on my wrist because I am wearing wrist guards. A chest strap would be ideal, But I cannot have my phone on me because it is a contact sport. So I would need something with a very long the range (enough to cover an entire roller rink) or something that I can sync with the phone after the workout. Does such a thing exist?

Replies

• wallbanger752
    wallbanger752 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I haven't found anything yet. I do wear my flex under my left wrist guard but it obviously doesn't register all the *steps* we take because my arm isn't always moving.
  • kbkbkbkbkb77
    kbkbkbkbkb77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Could you do something like a Garmin w/ HRM chest strap and just not wear the watch on your wrist? Wrap it around a sports bra strap maybe? Might work for practice at least. I had an old Polar watch w/ HRM that I'd wear for long skates--just wore the watch far up my arm at the top of my wrist guard. (This is at least five years ago so I might be misremembering.) You could estimate from there for bouts or high-contact drills where the watch/strap might be in the way.

I'm not sure I'd want to know my calorie burn for a bout. The dancing at the after party was the real workout. ;)