Beachbody Workouts

Options
Has anyone posted or figured out how to track Beachbody workouts like PiYo, Insanity or P90X workouts? Would love to know how you track this and these are major components of my exercise routine!!

Replies

• bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I suggest getting a heart rate monitor with the strap. I have the Polar FT4.
  • CoachPriscilla
    Options
    I agree, it would be great if those could get added to the standard lists of exercises here!
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    bug1114 wrote: »

Quoting the correctest answer.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I've logged Insanity workouts as "calisthenics (push ups, sit ups) vigourous effort" (or it's something close to that.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I have a heart rate monitor and watch to estimate my calories burned but your calories burned definitely depends on how hard you work in each segment. In 2 different 40 min. workouts, I could burn up to 100 calories different because of the type of exercises performed. I think that's why MFP hasn't added these programs into the standard list of exercises. There's just too many variables!

The good thing is that if you stick with the program, you will lose weight.
    FYI - I use circuit training to log my workouts and only eat 1/2 the calories back in case it over-estimates (even with my heart rate monitor).
  • Ellemarie72
    Ellemarie72 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I need this information as well. I'd really like to get the fitbit tracker or something similar, but in the meantime, I need to put something in.
  • wheelsjad
    wheelsjad Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Heart rate is really the only way with these type of exercises...so many variables come into play...body type, effort, number of breaks, etc, all play into how much you burn. Did you do every rep with perfect form, or were some of your jumps/squats/whatever higher or lower than others. Did you use a modifier (some beachbody dvds, have that)? I do not wish to come off rude, just trying to make the point that standing there watching the dvd doesn't burn calories, your individual effort does. I have completed insanity and T25, and rarely could I keep up with the entire dvd for the entire duration of the workout. Good luck with your journey :smile:

Do you want to know the calories burned during the workout so that you can eat them back? Just curious
  • girlyfied
    girlyfied Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    bug1114 wrote: »

Agreed. The simplest, easiest way to track any video wirkout.