Totally new to myfitnesspal and want to give and receive support :-)

Options
Hello. Today is my second day being a member of myfitnesspal. I have struggled with my weight my whole life and have went through numerous attempts at getting healthy but it seems I always seem to get sidetracked and year after year I tell myself I'm going to loose weight yet I continuously gain and am currently the heaviest I've ever been at 225. I'm not usually the type to reach out for support but I realize in order to change I have to make changes. So I'm hoping to find a few people to go through this journey with that can maybe keep me motivated. Thanks for Reading.

Replies

• peterandtracymc
    Options
    im new too and just figuring out how to use this thing but i will send you a friend request feel free to message anytime :smiley:
  • amerz08
    amerz08 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank You
  • Exercisewoman
    Exercisewoman Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    hi Ive recently come back on here. Making new friends and looking for support too
  • stayfit_ria
    stayfit_ria Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    I am not so new to this app but newly committed to it. I can add you as well and offer what ever support and advice I can. Although I am not too good at following it myself, I am quite knowledgeable on the right thins to do in order to make that life change to healthy.
  • ayreka7
    ayreka7 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want support. I've been on MFP for a few years but as of Jan 5th I am determined/ slightly obsessed with doing it this time. Best of luck to you! You can do it!
  • bellanjay
    Options
    I'm new too (well new to actually using the app), trying to figure it all out as well. I am determined to do it this time. Feel free to add as well!
    Good luck!
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been here for a while and here to support others. You can add me :)
  • jysherr6713
    Options
    I'm new too and could use some motivation n diet and exercise tips....feel free to add me too
  • pennystextiles
    pennystextiles Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Good luck, will add u. I'm not new at all so if u need advice and support just ask x
  • Kurtcouch581
    Kurtcouch581 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'll add you. Always nice to have a good support network :)
  • gypsyblu29
    gypsyblu29 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Not so new to the app but this is the first time I feel truely dedicated to my weight loss goals. You can add me if you'd like. :smile:
  • sadiemay2011
    Options
    Hello I am also new and looking for support and motivation!
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards, post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about weight loss.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than a butt load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We all fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support each other
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. It's easier to lift weights than continue the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. Take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile
  • gtrider17
    Options
    Hey add me, ill be happy to pass on support and receive it.
  • mamanewland
    mamanewland Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do it! Add me as a friend if you want!
  • ROBtheMFPmachine
    ROBtheMFPmachine Posts: 59 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi, I will support you! I sent you an add...anyone please add, the more MFP friends the better! I'm trying to stay consistent with tracking calories, and I think that having friends who see your progress (or lack thereof) in the news feed helps :)
  • jmarie1025
    jmarie1025 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've been using mfp off and on for the last year. I'm determined to lose this weight once and for all this year!
  • thebarci77
    thebarci77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I could use some support and cheering on, I'm chasing diabetes away so friend me and give me a hand Thank You
  • 2124angelsgirl
    Options
    Hi! I'm new too and need new friend and lots of motivation! Let's do it together!
  • katinaml
    katinaml Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Apazman wrote: »
    Here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards, post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about weight loss.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than a butt load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We all fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support each other
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. It's easier to lift weights than continue the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. Take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile

LOVE THESE TIPS!!!