cdthom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    eeeewwww
  • KristenAnn711
    KristenAnn711 Posts: 783
    Options
    no luck there.

?ui=2&ik=8d7de0f37a&view=att&th=12fbe4666d78ec5a&attid=0.1&disp=thd&zw

its more red and bumpy than the pic shows. also feels burning and a bit itchy
  • starboardzor
    starboardzor Posts: 312
    Options
    I have to stay clear of that website. It just scares me!
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    That website causes more problems than it solves!! :ohwell:
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    ive had this sunday, i dont know how to treat it. i'm going to try some allergy medication but i dont know if its any kind of allergy.
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't take ANY medication unless you actually need it. Don't put potentially unnecessary or harmful chemicals into your body. Why not see a doctor, or a walk-in clinic??
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    I feel stupid going to the doc for something so small. he'll probably just tell me the same thing anyway. but if it hasnt gotten better by monday then i will go.
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    That website always makes me think something it majorly wrong with me...I try to avoid it and just go to the dr.
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    are there any doctors or nurses in the house????
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    i cant sleep until i have some idea about this :sad:
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    im trying to decide if i should go to urgent care or wait a week to see my doctor about this. im thinking maybe its shingles? not really sure
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    Take what they say with a grain of salt...seriously.
  • Karleyyy
    Options
    Have you scratched it? I have eczema, and if I scratch it then that is when I develop the red bumps and it burns and itches.
  • swampole70704
    Options
    my fiance is a PA and he HATES webMD...you cant realy be sure what it is until you see a professional...I agree to take that website's diagnosis with a grain of salt...and what makes you think you have shingles? Shingles is pretty serious and if you REALLY think you have it I would go to the doctor like TOMORROW
  • tmdugger
    tmdugger Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    shingles would have more symptoms than a rash...have you tried a steroid cream like cortaid? I get contact dermatitis sometimes when I touch something I'm allergic too. It's a lot like poison ivy....except its caused by other irritants

If the rash doesn't subside in a few days to a week, or if it is accompanied by fever, body aches, or worsens consult a dr....

If its just itchy give it some time with a topical cream and possibly benadryl at night to both help you sleep and lessen the histamine response
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    it burns, itches, and aches like hell. its red, bumped up and a bit blistered. next appt with my doc isnt available until tuesday so i will go then. i'm using this aveeno cream right now that my old doc recommended. my mom is an lpn and she doesnt think its shingles but still wants me to get i tlooked at.
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    You probably should get it looked at (at least to figure out what caused it so you can stay away from it in the future!)

I hate WebMD, every time I go there it convinces me I am dying/melting/exploding/etc.
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    502345886v4_350x350_Front_Color-White.jpg
  • Karleyyy
    Options
    shingles would have more symptoms than a rash...have you tried a steroid cream like cortaid? I get contact dermatitis sometimes when I touch something I'm allergic too. It's a lot like poison ivy....except its caused by other irritants

If the rash doesn't subside in a few days to a week, or if it is accompanied by fever, body aches, or worsens consult a dr....

If its just itchy give it some time with a topical cream and possibly benadryl at night to both help you sleep and lessen the histamine response

I have Allergic Contact Dermatitis!