Losing weight to join military

Hello my name is Lauren, I am 19 years old and trying to lose 35 lbs so I can join the military! United States Army. I am beyond excited to join and can not wait but I can never seem to get motivated to exercise. Plus I eat food according to my mood lol. I know it's terrible! Anyone want to help me motivate and I can help you as well! -Lauren

Replies

• _Reyna_
    _Reyna_ Posts: 11 Member
    Omg we are exactly in the same boat!!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    I really cant see how you are unable to make the connection.

Ambition = join military= requires you lose weight, but dont wnat it badly enough to exercise?

Ofc you just need to be at a calorific deficit to drop weight so exercise not needed, but wont you have to do basic training and isnt the military partly a physical career?

If it was that much of an ambition for me, then not only would I drop the weight, but id want to get fit and healthy as well, so that I could keep up when it came to training.
    Commit and start following a plan that gets you to where you want to go, not exercising and mood eating will be an impediment, so ask yourself how much you want it and then take ownership of what you are telling yourself you want.
  • benich3043
    benich3043 Posts: 252 Member
    Talk to your recruiter. He/she can you get you on a good program to lose weight through proper nutrition and exercise. Keep in mind not only do you have to lose weight to join but you must maintain it to continue a career in the military. Good luck with your journey and feel free to add me if you need any advice as far as the military goes.