NSV, kind of...

Options
So, I went to dinner with my Mom last night to celebrate my birthday and I ordered pretty well. I stayed within my goals. Then they offered me a free dessert to celebrate. I politely declined even though I would have eaten dessert in the past. I feel this is a victory because I managed to stay in my goals and didn't feel neglected. :#

Replies

• dizzzigrl
    dizzzigrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • KharismaticKayteh
    KharismaticKayteh Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    This is absolutely a victory! For some of us, it takes a lot of will to turn down favors like that. Hell, as soon as I realized there was chocolate creme pie in the fridge this morning, I was on it, hahaha. I will remember your strength the next time my husband spontaneously asks me if I want to have pizza for dinner! (Yeah, I gave in last night).
  • Christi102012
    Christi102012 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday and congratulations on staying within your goals. I pause my calorie counting for my birthday and wedding anniversary. I don't go hog wild but I enjoy myself and don't worry too much about calories
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday and we'll done indeed :smile:
  • usflygirl55
    usflygirl55 Posts: 277 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thank you all for the encouragement and birthday wishes. I admit I cave sometimes, although not for pizza. ;) I try to do some extra exercising and/or walking to counteract some of that. I just felt really good about not eating those extra calories when I knew I didn't have room in my diary for them. If anyone would like I accept friend requests. o:)
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Every little bit helps and your one step closer...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!