Wanting to be my old self again!

Options
My name is Kelsey and I am 23 years old. I started gaining weight at the age of 20. This was really hard for me because I was always used to eating whatever I wanted and was very fit and happy with the way I looked. Now, three years later it is hard for me to look in the mirror. I'm not happy with what I see. I am very disappointed in myself because at first I didn't do anything about it. Now I am going to change for the better. Fast food and coke is my weakness. It's going to be a challenge but it's something I want and have to do! I'm young and have the rest of my life ahead of me. Let's do this!!

Replies

• get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can totally do this! Feel free to add me as a friend. I have been logging pretty consistently and don't mind nudging people if they are slacking. ;)
  • mikesmaniacmind
    Options
    Add me as a friend and let's get this started!!!!
  • Janice11011
    Options
    Hey add me also, keen to offer/ get support :)
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards, post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about weight loss.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than a butt load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We all fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support each other
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. It's easier to lift weights than continue the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. Take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile