Trying not to be discouraged

Options
okay, so i'm TRYING not to feel discouraged. I've remained under my calories all week and have workout the most i have in a long time and the scale hasn't budged. well...actually, that would be a lie. It did...it went UP a pound. :-(

I always have a problem doing something new. I'm used to the old way of losing weight...being on a STRICT "diet" with tons of restrictions. I've actually been enjoying this way of living but when the scale does what it did...it cause me to second guess this method.

I know many will say...don't look at the scale. I can't help it. It typically motivates me to keep going and rarely discourages me. The only time it discourages me is when I try something new.

How can be under my calories and burning so many calories and have a plus 1? :-(

Replies

• cupfanncbms
    cupfanncbms Posts: 101
    Options
    First thing: since you are starting a new workout regimen, there's a chance your muscles are getting a little beat up (microtears). As a defense, they start to produce some fluid. This fluid helps them to heal.

Second thing: you are probably losing fat and building muscle, so the scale just hasn't caught up to that yet because of the mass of muscle vs. the mass of fat.

Keep it up! You'll get there. :)
  • Bub3les0
    Bub3les0 Posts: 47
    Options
    maybe set your food diary to public so we can look and see if its salt or something? Or it could be TOM?
  • AmberOwings
    AmberOwings Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I try to weigh every 2 or 3 weeks. It helps me not get discouraged. I never thought I could live on 1200 calories a day, but after a month it was easier. After 2 months, I can keep it up. Hang in there! :0)
  • FitMomma0722
    FitMomma0722 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    maybe set your food diary to public so we can look and see if its salt or something? Or it could be TOM?

it is public
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I just left you a message. I hope it helps:)
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    okay, so i'm TRYING not to feel discouraged. I've remained under my calories all week and have workout the most i have in a long time and the scale hasn't budged. well...actually, that would be a lie. It did...it went UP a pound. :-(

I always have a problem doing something new. I'm used to the old way of losing weight...being on a STRICT "diet" with tons of restrictions. I've actually been enjoying this way of living but when the scale does what it did...it cause me to second guess this method.

I know many will say...don't look at the scale. I can't help it. It typically motivates me to keep going and rarely discourages me. The only time it discourages me is when I try something new.

How can be under my calories and burning so many calories and have a plus 1? :-(

I feel your pain..... because I'm up nearly 2.5 lbs since my last weigh-in on Sunday.

I know I've gone HARD with the exercising this week - so far I've done c25k twice, No More Trouble twice, and Turbo Jam once

I'm hoping it is because of my muscles retaining fluid - they were really burning me on Wednesday night, I could hardly sleep!
    Fingers crossed....

But I'm not going to change anything yet, because I know that I'm looking better in my clothes. Plus, I'm going to measure on Sunday and hopefully I will have lost an inch or 2...