Chasing away diabetes

Options
on Christmas eve I was diagnosed with type two diabetes. The doctor said I could chase it away with a better diet and exercise so I'm looking for some friends to help me in that effort so far so good I've got most of my numbers back down to normal in only 20 days. I still have 40 more pounds of weight to go. Anyone feel free to friend me and kick my butt to keep me going.

Replies

• weejulesss
    Options
    Hiya, well done with your progress so far! I'm trying to sort out my own weight and health, please feel free to add me for a bit of mutual support :smile:
  • rlmartins
    rlmartins Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same here! Good luck on your new mission. I'd be happy to help along the way.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I started walking lost weight then found mfp the Dr threatened me with insulin, I have been typeII since I was in my 20's currently taken off all meds with diet and exercise only
  • joyceshane
    joyceshane Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hello, I'm also trying to lose weight and keep from becoming a type II diabetic. I have a bad back, I'm attempting to exercise when it can.

• shearonwood
    shearonwood Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to not take diabetic meds for typeII. First trying diet and walking. Any ideas are appreciated.
  • thebarci77
    thebarci77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Since I have to diet and exercise I'm down the free and easy way. I'm not joining the gym so I walk out my front door and decide left or right. My doc suggested it, because it will help in 2 ways, healthy for me and you get to know your neighbors and neighborhood.