Women doing P90X with at least 50lbs to lose?

Options
I'm starting P90X on Monday and would love to find some other ladies who are starting it too. Feel free to add me :)

Replies

• missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I started P90X on Monday too. I'm doing the Lean version first.
  • NoStoppingNow77
    NoStoppingNow77 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am too. I started yesterday. Definitely "feelin' the burn".
  • jordan1221
    jordan1221 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I plan to start on January 19th. I'm going to do the Classic version. I'm hoping to lose at least 40 pounds in 90 days. :#
  • NoStoppingNow77
    Options
    I did the lean because I knew I couldn't handle the push ups and pull ups. I figure if I can make it through round 1 I'll attempt classic in my second round. Good luck to you! Four days in and I love it. I don't love the eating more protein part though.
  • lopezcnl
    lopezcnl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just started it on January 10th. I'm soooo sore! But it's a good sore :)
    I'm hoping to lose around 30 lbs during the 90 days. I have about 80 to lose total. We should all keep track so we can hold each other accountable and keep going!!
  • VeganChristy
    VeganChristy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My husband & I did it the classic schedule together. He lost 45 lbs in the 13 weeks!!! I lost 20+, but didn't have as much to lose as he did. Good luck, ladies!

Week 1 sucks, but the soreness goes away and you start getting the hang of it & seeing results. Then you're hooked! The beginning is rough, but keep going! It gets better! :smile:
  • NoStoppingNow77
    Options
    I'm in week 2 and haven't lost a single pound. Yes, I was definitely sore last week. Even had a sore back the last two days (I swear it was all those damn Vinyasas).
  • hockeymomrw
    hockeymomrw Posts: 35 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I did P90X a couple of years ago and lost about 15 pounds during those three month, without tracking food (but I did eat healthier than normal). I LOVE P90X. I just remember my arms looked so toned and I had way more energy. I was amazed at how much stronger I got in a fairly short time frame, and by the time I was done, I was using 20# barbells when I had started out with 5# ones. I never was able to do a pullup, sadly. But I just started up again on Monday and I am hoping I will someday be able to do at least ONE pullup. :wink: I have tried other video type programs but nothing at all has motivated me or got me jazzed up like P90X. The soreness does go away and it is shortly not even a concern. I love hearing the stories of all you others who are doing it! Oh yeah, and I have about 30-40 pounds to lose.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    The classic version is better regardless of your goals. The lean schedule is pretty meh, and TBH if you're physically capable of doing the doubles schedule there are better options out there (though they typically come in eBook format, not video).
  • hockeymomrw
    hockeymomrw Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 2 and haven't lost a single pound. Yes, I was definitely sore last week. Even had a sore back the last two days (I swear it was all those damn Vinyasas).

Vinyasas, HAHAHA! IKR my back hurts from those too.
  • NoStoppingNow77
    Options
    I'm really liking it so far though. With a herniated disk I have to modify a few things (like forget about me ever doing a Dreya Roll!) but I'm still burning a ton of calories and feeling stronger every day. I can even tell a difference on the backs of my thighs after 1 week.
  • megggsss
    megggsss Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I know this post is from January, but I wanted to chime in.

I just started doing P90X on Monday.
    So far I love it!!!

I am not much for cardio but anything to do with lifting weights, I can do that all day long!!!
    I am doing the classic version.

Plan to do P90X 3 times!
    I want to loose a total of 50 lbs.

I am hoping to have lost 10lbs by the end of the first 90 days! Anything over 10lbs will be a bonus!

Feel free to add me if you like.