Early 20s Losing Weight

Options
Hey guys. I have been on MFP for a long time but have never really been consistent. In late 2010 early 2011 I weighed about 168 (I am 5'10") and was pretty much at an ideal weight. I got lazy and stopped working out because I achieved my goal. Now I weigh 213. I can't seem to find the motivation like I did last time. I'm often depressed and getting up to work out is hard for me. Also it is so cold outside these days I often do not go out to run. What do you guys do to keep motivation up? Any tips? Thanks.

Also I see some people creating support groups and that would be great for me to be in.

Replies

• Khovde07
    Khovde07 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me. I struggle with self motivation as well. When I first started, I asked for support and a bunch of people added me to help. It's amazing how encouraging it is to see that someone "liked" or commented on the fact that you were under your calorie goal or did 30 minutes of cardio. Having that support system has been a huge motivator for me and has gotten me excited to get in shape again.
  • SheriffMichelle
    SheriffMichelle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I added you! I'm going to do my best to get on here and log everything. :D