no alcohol

Options
16 days into Dry January and I'm going stir crazy!!! It's Friday night and I'm sitting with a bloody cup of tea!!! Non alcoholic wine is rank. I think I'm going insane!!!!

Replies

• edensgarden2015
    edensgarden2015 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    You are so much stronger than I am!!!
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    No alcohol...no, thank you. I don't even drink that often, but a drink or two on the weekends is a nice way to relax.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I'll be drinking tea with you tonight!
  • johnmurphymfp
    johnmurphymfp Posts: 2,590 Member
    Options
    nice abs^^^^ I'll take a cup of green tea
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Yikes - good for you! If I abstain from anything, I want it twice as badly. I would not succeed.
  • greyzie123
    Options
    lgutches wrote: »
    Yikes - good for you! If I abstain from anything, I want it twice as badly. I would not succeed.
    It's killing me! I'm not having a night out until March when it's my 40th - I might even try to wait until then!!
  • 4leighbee
    Options
    Mmmmmmarch? good lord. I predict you will be very drunk at your 40th birthday dinner. lol ... I do think it's great, and I'm not being very helpful. xo
  • stevegri
    stevegri Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Being a confirmed and committed alcoholic I'm finding not drinking more difficult than any other sacrifice. But, it is helping with the weight loss. I'm just bored shitless sat at home
  • redhead_che
    redhead_che Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    30 days without alcohol and I feel awesome. The first week was *kitten* but I feel so much better. Also helped getting rid of a few toxic friendships so that was a lovely bonus.
  • 4leighbee
    Options
    stevegri wrote: »
    Being a confirmed and committed alcoholic I'm finding not drinking more difficult than any other sacrifice. But, it is helping with the weight loss. I'm just bored shitless sat at home

It will help with so much more than weight loss. WTG! :)
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Off drink since 5th jan. Actually only had one day where I really wanted to drink but managed to distract myself. Herbal tea and low cal hot choc are my new best friends.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Haven't had a drink since April 2014. Honestly I don't miss it.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

You know, instead of being at home on a Saturday night, you can go out and not drink.
  • dallshouse0363
    Options
    greyzie123 wrote: »
    lgutches wrote: »
    It's killing me! I'm not having a night out until March when it's my 40th - I might even try to wait until then!!

I am doing the same thing. I find the wine is just extra calories and then makes me lax on sticking to my goals. I am not having any until my 50 bday in March. What day?
  • redhead_che
    Options

You know, instead of being at home on a Saturday night, you can go out and not drink.

Spoken like a non-alcoholic.
  • dallshouse0363
    Options
    Oh and lots of tea!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I am on my 3rd glass of chocolate strawberry wine....I like my booze. but I work it off.
  • KharismaticKayteh
    KharismaticKayteh Posts: 322 Member
    Options

Spoken like a non-alcoholic.

My sister is a recovering alcoholic, six years sober. She does comedy shows at bars on a regular basis and just orders Coke. (That said, I won't assume that because it's easy for her, it's equally easy for every other recovering alcoholic - I'm only saying it's *possible*). On the flip side, my father-in-law is also recovering. He used to do a lot of DJ work or music stuff or something at bars, and he won't do them anymore because he doesn't know whether he can resist the temptation, and he doesn't like the environment anymore anyway. Everyone just has to figure out what works for them.
  • redhead_che
    Options
    [quote=My sister is a recovering alcoholic, six years sober. She does comedy shows at bars on a regular basis and just orders Coke. (That said, I won't assume that because it's easy for her, it's equally easy for every other recovering alcoholic - I'm only saying it's *possible*). On the flip side, my father-in-law is also recovering. He used to do a lot of DJ work or music stuff or something at bars, and he won't do them anymore because he doesn't know whether he can resist the temptation, and he doesn't like the environment anymore anyway. Everyone just has to figure out what works for them.[/quote]

My fingers got the best of me on that one, I admit. I suppose it slightly irked me because stevegri seemed to be saying giving up alcohol was still a struggle/one day at a time thing. And the following comment of go out and not drink seemed very insincere based on my interpretation of said difficulties being sober. As a person that struggled with alcohol, it is really difficult for me to go out to a place that serves alcohol and not drink, so my weekends are filled with Panera trips instead :P The adjustment is a real struggle, but I too realize everyone is different. I think I jumped the gun with my judgeypants though.