breakfast

Options
Does anybody know of any good breakfast recipies? Low in fat.

Replies

• MEATBONE1
    MEATBONE1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    have you tried the egg white veggie muffins with a 1/3 piece turkey bacon?
  • Destineynichole8
    Options
    I will try tomarrow morning thank you
  • SchweddyGirl
    SchweddyGirl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Overnight Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal...I just made this for the first time last night and it was awesome. I have found my make ahead pre long run breakfast!
    2/3 cup of rolled oats
    2/3 cup milk (I use almond)
    2 tbsp pumpkin pie puree
    1/8 tsp vanilla extract
    1/8 tsp cinnamon
    1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    1 tbsp pure maple syrup (or you can use honey)

Put all the ingredients into a mason jar with a lid, close it and shake to combine. Then toss it in the fridge to set overnight. So good! Came out to 292 calories, 54g carbs, 6g fat, 9g protein. I paired it with some sliced turkey meat...for a little deconstructed Thanksgiving dinner breakfast thing.
  • anngallagher123
    Options
    I've been having 1 weetabix, almond milk, blue berries and a banana for breakfast. Is this a 'good' breakfast? I don't have much knowledge of nutrition etc. ...trying to lose weight and eat less processed food.
  • luvtarun55
    luvtarun55 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You should add a source of protein.
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I was never a big breakfast eater except on weekends. I have been making a point of eating something for breakfast and it does help. I have found several recipes for overnight oatmeal, baked oatmeal, even pancakes and waffles with added proteins that are good. I can make most of these ahead of time and just grab out of the freezer. When all else fails I make a parfait of Greek yogurt, fruit, and a little granola. When I have pancakes or waffles I don't use syrup, I will top with fruit or applesauce.