new to mfp! want to loose 60 lbs 10lbs at a time...

Options
no deadlines but want to see results from efforts. hurt right hip in car accident so exercise is a challenge, I work about 80 hrs a week, on the praise team and have vistation with children every other weekend....but I managed to put together a 3 to 4 day a week workout schedule...wish me well!!!!

Replies

• Joyfulkneves23
    Joyfulkneves23 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! As long as you want it you can do it :)
  • AmandaLipphardt
    AmandaLipphardt Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck but remember that the average person looses about .5 to 2 pounds per week and does face plateaus so don't get discouraged. It took me about two years to loose 65lbs but I hope it goes faster for you. I have hip problems too and I found that water aerobics became a good way to strengthen it and to work my heartrate without breaking down my body. It was a bit embarrassing that I was the youngest person in class but its what was good for me. I do elliptical and bike too but no treadmill, it just stresses it. I also do yoga to improve the flexibility and stability and it seems to be working. The good thing about yoga is there is no judgment, you do as much as your body is comfortable with. Hope this helps and good luck!
  • MEATBONE1
    MEATBONE1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    wow!!! awesome suggestions!! I newdwd to hear them, thank you very much!