Looking for tall girls

Options
Hi my name is T'pring, I am about 5'9" and I am lookIng to lose 30 pounds. My boyfriend has horrible eating habits that I am trying to break free from and could really use some pointers, recipes, support and friends!

Replies

• kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Men are the worst eaters. When I married my husband, you'd have thought that his mother had regularly beaten him with veggies. But over time, he's starting to get on board the veggie train.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11". My SO thinks pizza is a food group. He also thinks it is not a meal unless it has some big piece of meat in the middle of the plate, surrounded by fries or noodles. His favorite pizza is bacon, sausage and pepperoni!

He loves to cook, great...he only cooks with butter, oil, and sugar. When he makes steak, it is like "steak candy" he puts so much brown sugar on it! He refused all veggies but onion rings.

And yet; we have been together for five years...he has come a long way! (I even sneak tofu in stir fry, he eats it...thinks it is chicken).
  • StoryLover93
    Options
    I laughed reading these! I'm 5'11 and my bf sounds like the other men! Loves his soda, pizza, chicken nuggets, fries, anything you can get at a fast food joint. Recently started cooking when I visit him and now he loves healthy chicken without all the breading and being fried!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    5'10" here, married to a 6'3" man who can eat whatever the eff he wants and not gain an ounce. But I still love him :)
  • Debssssssssss
    Debssssssssss Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    5'10 here! My partner is 6'2 and would eat bacon all day everyday if he could.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm about 6' and my bf is about 5'7'' but he gets more calories in a day than I do which sucks at dinner time sometimes. But he's lost 70lbs before we started dating and I've lost 40lbs since so we've got it down pretty good.

• lgiplevi
    Options
    Ilm 5"10. Hubby is stick thin and can eat what he wants. Such a hassel cooking different things every night!
  • Sarahland
    Sarahland Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" which I think is average (maybe a little on the tall side?), and my husband is 6'2". Since getting married two years ago he has lost a little over 100 pounds and I've lost about 90. I only have 35 to go until I hit my goal weight! Anyway, we eat clean, which is how we lost all the weight (mixed with exercise, of course). :)
  • neurex
    neurex Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'3", I used to be able to eat whatever I want but it's beginning to show in my 30's. And... not all men are terrible eaters :), I "turned" my wife vegetarian (her choice).
  • melissaclaire93
    melissaclaire93 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    6'0!! and I'm trying to lose 30lbs too. Luckily, my bf is trying to lose as well but we def make better choices when we aren't around each other...oops ha!
  • muah3iluvzu06
    muah3iluvzu06 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and my husband is 6'1 and I make a lot of recipes off of skinnytaste.com & Pinterest. Definitely check both of those out!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and maintaining for almost 1 yr. after a 31 lb loss. My DH is 57 and just this past year has put on a little tummy in his winter down time (seasonal worker) so I just suggested he switched out his 5 servings of granola for breakfast by eating eggs & toast, or going half granola and half lighter cheerio/cornflake mix. He also used to eat a fairly plain English style diet, meat, potato, the usual boring veggies before he met me. I'm Italian background and introduced him to veggies he'd never seen before, lol. We also eat a lot of Asian food (homemade). He's actually pretty good about food now and would rather eat veggies raw instead of cooked. He is still a sucker for pie or a good muffin, but I don't bake so he only eats it once in a while as a treat when we go out for coffee somewhere. We like to canoe, x-country ski, snowshoe, hike.

Original poster T'Pring.... you must be a Star Trek fan ;)
  • tpring1029
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your input! I really appreciate it and can COMPLETELY relate to my boyfriend thinking pizza, chicken strips and fries are all food groups.
  • KindaSortaKaty
    KindaSortaKaty Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yes, my boyfriend is a TWIG! 6'2 and 138 pounds.. UGH - I am 5'11, give me an add!
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10", and finally decided LCHF is the best diet for me in this house, we had bacon, and eggs for dinner, my bacon eaters were in heaven. They added tortillas...no carbs for me.