Is it bad to eat right after working out?

Options
I heard that to maximize weight loss, you should wait a few hours after working out before eating (I assume this doesn't mean 'don't eat all day,' just 'don't eat right after working out'). Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks!

Replies

• bonnykate
    Options
    I heard that to maximize weight loss, you should wait a few hours after working out before eating (I assume this doesn't mean 'don't eat all day,' just 'don't eat right after working out'). Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Oh no, it's bad NOT to eat right after.
    You're in a great state hormonally to use those nutrients to repair your muscles, and the window only lasts 15-30 minutes.

It's not exercise that causes fat loss. It's the caloric deficit. :smile:
  • sarakenna1
    Options
    Its true that your body burns more calories the 90 minutes after your workout then it does during your workout. This doesn't mean you shouldn't eat, though. Two days ago my trainer told me that after a great workout is the best time to eat a nice, well round, low fat, high protein meal. It helps your body repair the muscle damage you created during your workout.
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Definitely eat after your workout.
    My trainer always wants me to have something within 30min after I am done with my workouts. I always feel better when I do.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. Eat a high protein, low fat snack within 30 minutes of ending your workout.:flowerforyou: