snacks :)

Options
Any healthy filling snacks?

Replies

• La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    i just had beef jerky as my snack. i also love avacado or a cheese stick. :smile:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    - An apple and a lowfat slice of cheese
    - A clementine and a handful of almonds
    - A TBSP of natural peanut butter

:smile:
  • amoods05
    amoods05 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt with chia seeds or nuts.
    whole wheat crackers & cheese.
    air popped popcorn (love this one because you get SO much for so little calories).
    I always try to get a little protein in my snacks, helps fill me up.
  • cuteypolice
    cuteypolice Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    After a workout I am starving what do people recommend you eat so your not eating back the calories you burned ??
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I'm big on smoothies, thick enough that you can drink and eat with a spoon.

I make a lot of mango smoothies. 140 g of frozen mango, 1/2 cup of coconut milk (dairy-free milk, not the full-fat flesh milk you find in a can), a little water, and a dash of vanilla extract. 118 calories, and it will tide you over between meals.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    Options
    After a workout I am starving what do people recommend you eat so your not eating back the calories you burned ??

after i work-out, i am famished. i drink a protein shake, then i will eat something full of protein. today i had beef jerky, cheese, almonds, chicken and a few carrot sticks. on days i work-out, i eat more than a "normal" day. i do not eat back my exercise calories, BTW. (i know this is up for debate, that's just what i do.)

• La5Vega5Girl
    Options
    ashleycde wrote: »
    I'm big on smoothies, thick enough that you can drink and eat with a spoon.

I make a lot of mango smoothies. 140 g of frozen mango, 1/2 cup of coconut milk (dairy-free milk, not the full-fat flesh milk you find in a can), a little water, and a dash of vanilla extract. 118 calories, and it will tide you over between meals.

wow that sounds delicious :p

• ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    A little vanilla extract is the best in some smoothies. If you sub with frozen orange it's basically a Creamsicle in a cup.
  • JassoGTI
    Options
    Any healthy filling snacks?
    Try Quest Nutrition chips or protein bars