70 pounds is a big, scary goal!

Options
I became accustomed to overeating while pregnant and nursing, which led to bad habits, but my metabolism could handle it until I hit 30. Then, I became a stress eater when my husband lost his job in 2009 during the recession and we lost our house. Finally topped out at 215 lbs. at only 5'2"! Did an Herbalife Weight Loss Challenge in 2013 and lost 25 lbs., which I've kept off, but stalled there.

I'm a homeschool mom to three great kids, and my husband of 17 years finally just got a new job, so things are looking up financially and now I feel that I can focus on me for a while. MFP is already helping so much with accountability, now I just need some support!

Replies

• vanaukendl
    vanaukendl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have 70 to go as well! 5'4” I ate exactly like that while I was pregnant but obesity runs in my family and my metabolism has always hated me. But with the Isagenix program and mfp holding me accountable to my calories I have been achieving success! Its nice to meet you!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    If you think the number is scary, you can always put in that your goal is to lose 10 lbs. Then when you hit that, do a little happy dance, and change your goal to 10 lbs lower. Keep doing that until you get where you need to be :). There are tons of people on this forum that have lost 70 lbs and more right here, you can do it too!
  • bjones54
    bjones54 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have 72lb to lose!slao 5"2 and started 2 weeks ago at 213lb. Would love some buddies for motivation!! Add me of you'd like...
  • nscal
    nscal Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    When you look at the big number it does seem scary and at times you will doubt yourself if you will ever accomplish it. So I agree to set small goals, like 10 lbs. I personally set 5 lb goals and treat myself to something for every 5 I loose. If it's just a new shirt, pedicure, purse, shoes, etc. Heck who knows, it may work for you as well. Feel free to add me!