Smoothies

Options
Hi everyone!

I would like some recipes for delicious, cheap and easy smoothies for my morning breakfast! I started MFP a few years ago, but have failed many times. I don't know what has changed, but I started Dec. 1st, 2014 and as of today have lost approx. 15 lbs. I have not been exercising yet because I am trying to get my body used to the lower calorie intake first, but I am hoping this is a change for the REST of my life! I have about 50 more lbs I would like to lose as my final weight loss goal! Thanks to MFP groups for all the inspiration! So many of you have done amazing!! You should all be so proud!

Rachel
(South Dakota!)

Replies

• mckat08
    mckat08 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have a base recipe, I just switch it up between adding 2 cups of baby spinach or 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries, no sugar added.

1 cup unsweetened Almond Milk
    3 Tblsp Egg Whites
    1/4 cup Dannon Lite and Fit Greek Yogurt, Vanilla
    1 scoop Soy Protein Powder

Add some spinach or frozen fruit and blend. Before anyone starts a Whey vs Soy protein debate, I use a Soy protein to help with hot flashes (yes, I'm showing my age). I actually prefer to use 100% Whey protein powder, but the soy has virtually eliminated the "power surges". Best of luck to you!!
  • RachelNichole85
    RachelNichole85 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you!