Work Out Post Munchies

Options
cuteypolice
cuteypolice Posts: 32 Member
edited January 2015 in Food and Nutrition
After a workout I am starving what do people recommend you eat so your not eating back the calories you burned ??

Replies

• missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I have protein shakes or oats with protein powder OR what I usually do is I save my big supper till after my workout and just have a light snack so I'm not hungry before my workout.
  • mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I generally try to ingest some carbs and protein immediately PWO, and I usually do it through protein shakes + maltodextrin (along with other supplements) because it's easy.
  • baseballgirl2027
    baseballgirl2027 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I do a protein shake or a cheese stick with an apple.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    i love beef jerky, a protein shake, cheese, etc. i do typically eat more on a work-out day, but i dont' eat back my exercise calories.
  • ajnb88
    ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Shake (50g protein/85g carbs) as I'm walking out of the gym, then a bowl of something carby (like pasta with tuna) about 45 mins-hour later.
  • KiwiJo42
    KiwiJo42 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi. My husband and I do half marathons so I know what you mean. Afterwards I feel really, really hungry then really tired. Its your bodies way of recovering so listen to it. Be sensible with what you eat or drink afterwards. I dont believe you should eat your calorie burn back. PWO I drink electrolites, and definatley have carbs, then a little sweet treat. Good luck with your goals.