Low carbs high protein diet ?

Options
anyone tried it?

Replies

• FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I've tried it twice in the past, neither times did I enjoy myself.

Carbs aren't going to make you fat, just watch your calories.
  • murphyocean
    murphyocean Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have. I was really fit when I did a low carb-high protein diet, but I also was strict on my diet and exercise regime as well. So it's hard to know which worked in my favor. Nonetheless, I'm more into eating whole foods now; while taking everything in moderation. For instance, I still eat "carbs", but in moderation. FYI, I did find however that watercress is an extremely low calorie dense food. You should check it out!
  • lilyevelyn
    lilyevelyn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great thanks for that am trying the best I can to watch my calories and loving MFP that I can just scan everything
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    primary point of it, i believe, is to lose fat and hang onto as much muscle as possible while losing weight
  • lilyevelyn
    Options
    Yes I have let myself get way out of shape and now at 40 have 60 kilo to drop and I so have committed myself to exercise and watching all I eat , I will checkout the watercress though never tried it thanks again
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    totally unnecessary ...
  • marci2lip
    marci2lip Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I try and keep my carbs under 100grams/day. I've found that when I do that, my cravings for sweets (my total downfall) are at bay. I've been back at it since 12/1 with relatively minor slips (mainly wine related...) and I'm down about 8lbs on a diet of 1200-1600 calories per day.... I have 12 more lbs to go.
  • lilyevelyn
    Options
    I have been trying to keep my calories to 1000 to 1200 per day
    That's great congrats hope you get to your goal and thanks for the advice
  • lilyevelyn
    Options
    Jpaulie I have been way out of shape for so long I think my muscles are here somewhere doing personal training 3 days a week to try and find them again