anyone have a Sportline heart rate monitor?

Options
Elzecat
Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
anyone out there who has a Sportline heart rate monitor who can give me some help in using it...? I can't seem to get it to work correctly....and the calorie burned amounts are REALLY low...they seem like I am doing something wrong.
Help!

Replies

• kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    with or without a chest strap?
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I do i have a women's sportline 10 20 i believe , are u wetting the straps with water?
  • Elzecat
    Options
    I tried using it at zumba today without the chest strap because it said its supposed to work that way (and I forgot the damn strap)...and it seems like the calories burned are WAY low...I was jumping up and down, my heart rate was up to 150 (85% of max heart rate for my age) alot....but the cals didn't seem to catch up with my effort :(
  • Elzecat
    Options
    I do i have a women's sportline 10 20 i believe , are u wetting the straps with water?

no cause I forgot the chest strap and it supposedly works without it...guess that's not true, eh?
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    if you're used to what MFP says or what gym equipment says than yeah it ill seem lower. and if you don't have much weight to lose than you don't burn as much
  • Cookie22684
    Options
    Wearing it with the chest strap gives u more accuracy, make sure u wet it before using it
  • Cookie22684
    Options

no cause I forgot the chest strap and it supposedly works without it...guess that's not true, eh?

I never use mine without the chest strap
  • msheldon88
    msheldon88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I just got a sportline duo 1060. I have used it with and without a chest strap and I find it pretty accurate either way. I think if you use it without a chest strap, that you need to check your heart rate (by touching the metal part on the watch) quite often during the work out. During zumba, I normally check my hr while I am getting some water. I think that it is more accurate with a chest strap but it does work both ways for me. I hope this helps!:wink:
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I just got a sportline duo 1060. I have used it with and without a chest strap and I find it pretty accurate either way. I think if you use it without a chest strap, that you need to check your heart rate (by touching the metal part on the watch) quite often during the work out. During zumba, I normally check my hr while I am getting some water. I think that it is more accurate with a chest strap but it does work both ways for me. I hope this helps!:wink:

what they said about pushing the button. If you're not doing it frequently enough and your HR elevates you will show less of a calorie burn. I guess this will help you remember your chest strap! :tongue:
  • Elzecat
    Options
    actually I'm less concerned about the heart rate, because that seems accurate...but now that I'm playing with it using the chest strap, I can't figure out how to reset my calories counter
  • msheldon88
    Options
    what they said about pushing the button. If you're not doing it frequently enough and your HR elevates you will show less of a calorie burn. I guess this will help you remember your chest strap! :tongue:
    [/quote]

It should work without the chest strap though.
  • msheldon88
    Options
    In the exercise mode, press and hold the start/stop/reset button until it clears. It should clear and then it be stored into your memory.
  • Elzecat
    Options
    I'm sooo technically challenged...but I think I might have figured out. Hopefully I will get more accurate reads now that I know to use the chest strap...Thanks for the advice, all...
  • ShadowsMouse
    ShadowsMouse Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    try the instructions that came with it, or if you threw them away, read the online PDF, for how to operate the various functions. wear the strap, it gets your heart rate better against your heart than the watch on your wrist, just make sure to position it well. as stated already, if you are already fit your cal burn will be lower than if you're unfit/overweight. BUT make sure you've set your profile on the watch, it will make a difference - enter your age, weight, height, etc as it requires. as weight changes, you need to also change your profile weight for accurate calorie burn reflection.