C25K Rest Days

Options
I am trying to workout 5-6 days a week and am currently doing C25K 3 of those days. I was wondering what everyone else does on their days that they are not doing the C25k?? I did 30 Day Shred but was sore and had a really hard time completing the C25K workout the next day. What do you suggest??? Suck it up and be sore or do something lower key on the "rest days"???

Replies

• sociable15
    sociable15 Posts: 98
    Options
    I would do something "lower key" on the C25K rest days, especially less impact (stationary bike maybe or swimming if you can).
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    i usually just do dvds on Netflix. i'll pick a strength training or abs dvd. i also do pilates on my REALLY low-key workout days.
  • ms_blonde_2008
    Options
    I just started the C25K (only on my 2nd day, wk1) but I didn't take a break from exercising yesterday. I still tried to work out other areas of my body since my legs were sore.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I do strength training.
    Or use the elliptical.
    Some days, both.
  • getupngo2000
    getupngo2000 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, isn't c25k great??? I love it and use it regularly. From everything that I have read, you really should do strength training on your off running days. Muscle burns more calories than fat and the more you build your muscle tone, the better you will look as you slim down. Good luck with your goals and have a great Mother's Day!
  • wannbAhottie
    wannbAhottie Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Im going to suggest strength training... it will help with the running in the long run, maybe yoga to start with then move up to the 30 day????
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I do c25k (I'm on week 7) and 30DS (on level 3). The soreness does get better.
  • thomasbf
    thomasbf Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I trained for a half marathon last year, and on non-run days I did cross training (walking, biking) or something strength related like yoga. 30DS is pretty intense for those days, but not out of the question. Good luck to you!
  • Sadie98072
    Sadie98072 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    On non running days I do either swimming/spin class/weights based work out. They all compliment each other. Yoga works really well with running also.
  • andyj1984
    andyj1984 Posts: 76
    Options
    I either go for a longish walk or head out on my bike on my non-c25k days. You really need to do low impact stuff on the non-c25k days, to give your joints and bones chance to recover. I also have 1 day off a week, where I don't do much more than a few short walks. Swimming is good also. Or you could do some strength training.