Motivation

Options
How do people stay motivated?

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    You just have to want it bad enough. Sometimes it sucks, but it's always worth the hard word in the end.
  • Ewok31
    Ewok31 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    stand in front of mirror butt naked thats all i need
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I am asking the same question. I been on MFP for a very long time. I recently lost motivation the last few months going through a divorce. So now I am surfing this message board looking for ideas. Previously, I been motivated to stay forever young, compare myself to movie stars that are the same age as me (JLO setting my goals high), going to the store dressing room and trying on swim suits in the winter time to see how much cellulite that crept back over the holidays, trying out a new DVD or newest workout advertised in the fitness magazines or web, getting in shape for hiking in mountains (cardio) or paddle boarding (pilates or yoga), or taking a new fitness class of some type.
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Find out what you really enjoy doing and set a goal. :)
  • liannexxx
    liannexxx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Go to you tube and listen to some of the tony robbins stuff. That really helped me want to lose weight xx
  • NicholeElizabeth92
    NicholeElizabeth92 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I find if I mix up my workouts it helps. I hate doing the same thing every day. I also make mini goals because then I have something to look forward too. I also have a friend that transfers set amount of money into a bank account. She really wants to travel over seas and is using that money to do so which helps her.
  • spolce12
    spolce12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    These are some good ideas, thanks everyone, I like the transfer money idea, mixing up the workouts n the music. I'm gonna try them all.
  • TinaTimTam
    TinaTimTam Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My biggest support has been from my friends on MFP. Please add me, more friends more fun and more support and motivation. We got this
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    <<I changed my profile pic. No point for looking all cute and smiling from a while ago. I want to see where I am, an honest where I am, and seeing that everytime I log my meals helps me think twice. Do I really want to eat a bag of chips? Should I really go through the drive-through on the way home when I have healthy meals awaiting me in the fridge? For me, it has to be about accountability. I am owning it, and putting it out there for the world to see. I can tell myself lies all day long about how it's not that bad, just a few extra pounds, I have a medical condition, blah blah blah. But....that picture does not lie to me. It is what it is, it doesn't look healthy, it doesn't feel good, and I choose a better life for myself. I am worth it! Then, on my feed, I post my goals. I post my progress. I am completely honest about how little water I drank, how hungry I felt, how I am overwhelmed at all of the changes and want a break. And some kind friend will offer help, ways to drink more, suggestions about food choices that will last me more than a hour, how this is a lifestyle change and a slow steady approach will work, or that if I need a break take a day of exercise, but don't cave in and skip logging and healthy eating. They also post their success! How they nailed a workout, or what they did in the gym, or how proud they were of making a new recipe or trying a lower calorie dish at a restaurant. Or...my personal favorite, a calorie burn shovelling snow. That helps me get off my bum. No snow here so what is my excuse now?
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Because it's what I want to do. If I'm not feeling it, reading my mfp's workout statuses always inspires me to workout! None of my RL friends workouts or really cares about their health/eating habits.