Homemade healthy snacks

Options
saleighty25
saleighty25 Posts: 7 Member
hi, I'm looking for recipes for healthy homemade low-cal snacks that my whole family will enjoy. If you have any please share and if I find any that I tried and liked, I will do the same :)

Replies

• SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    do you have a pinterest? you can follow me if you want. I have lots of good recipes on my board
  • saleighty25
    Options
    Yes I sure do. Love that site. You can follow my board "Fat girl skinny" if you want too. That's my fitness board with all the recipes and workouts I found. :)
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I make baked granola bars that may work for your situation. This is essentially a double batch. I get about 17 bars from this, and each one is about 125 calories.

4 cups ground rolled oats
    1 tsp baking soda
    2 eggs
    1/3 cup oil
    1/4 cup honey
    1 cup brown sugar
  • mvshant
    mvshant Posts: 15
    Options
    1 box of devils food cake, 1/2 cup of water, 1 can of pumpkin. mix well, pour into cupcake pan, makes 12-24 calories 100-200 each depending on how you devide the mix up. these are so moist and so delicious! i cant keep them around long enough!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    That's cake. If you have a birthday, great. Otherwise, I stick with bananas & nuts.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I like to make homemade cheese "chips".... Take a good sharp cheese (cheddar, parmesan, asiago, etc...), shred it, then place it on a parchment lined baking sheet in little piles (maybe 1/2 to 1oz each) and bake for a few minutes until they are almost crisp.
  • sweetaj
    sweetaj Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    the cheese chips sound delish!!
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    um, yum Jason! That sounds amazing!
  • saleighty25
    Options
    I make baked granola bars that may work for your situation. This is essentially a double batch. I get about 17 bars from this, and each one is about 125 calories.

4 cups ground rolled oats
    1 tsp baking soda
    2 eggs
    1/3 cup oil
    1/4 cup honey
    1 cup brown sugar

Sweet thank you! I will try them out!
  • saleighty25
    Options
    jasonmh630 wrote: »
    I like to make homemade cheese "chips".... Take a good sharp cheese (cheddar, parmesan, asiago, etc...), shred it, then place it on a parchment lined baking sheet in little piles (maybe 1/2 to 1oz each) and bake for a few minutes until they are almost crisp.

Well that's awesome! I didn't know it was possible to make cheese chips. My husband will love that.
  • FitNaeNae84
    FitNaeNae84 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    We have been loving frozen banana bites. Cut a banana in slices but peanut butter on them sandwich together and freeze. Pinterest dips them in chocolate but I didn't do that to keep it a little bit healthier!
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    make your own ( no bake) bars out of

*nuts
    *dried fruit
    * seeds

And to combine them i dont use sugar, oils or honey.
    I use figs and dates and raisins which you can do in a kitchen machine and make them all muchy. Like mashed potato.

Than do your chopped nuts, fruit and seeds in and walla a very nice power bite or bar.
  • dawne000
    dawne000 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    jasonmh630 wrote: »

I have to try this!
  • dawne000
    dawne000 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I throw frozen fruit and a little seltzer in a blender... If you make it thick, it comes out like Italian Ice. It's my nightly treat :smiley:
  • patches212
    patches212 Posts: 15 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I love this list --> http://ohsheglows.com/2014/08/26/back-to-school-21-portable-allergy-friendly-snack-recipes-vegan-gluten-free-with-nut-free-options/
    (just don't be afraid to substitute things if any ingredients are too vegan-y or expensive or what not. I'm not vegan but this blog is one of my all time favorites for healthy ideas.)

This list is pretty good too --> http://www.cynthiapasquella.com/50-snacks-under-100-calories-that-are-ready-in-minutes/
  • tasha_998
    tasha_998 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My favorite snack lately is a sliced apple or a banana that I dip in 2 Tbsp almond butter. (going to try the frozen banana version above--that sounds great for an ice cream like treat).

Also, cut up veggies with a dip such as tuna salad, egg salad, or faux hummus. (easy enough to use peanut butter or regular hummus, too--my snacks are paleo because I'm trying that approach).

I made chips this week by taking a yam, slicing it super thin, tossing it in olive oil, salt, and pepper, and then baking at 425 till the slices were crisp. I've never had kale chips, but I'm going to try making them later this week, too.

Also, frozen grapes, homemade jerky, and hard boiled eggs.
  • Spanander
    Options
    If you like banana bread, you could go for a healthy version of that.

Otherwise, you can slice up an apple and put two slices together with peanut butter(the natural kind) and raisins between them.

Homemade date and oat chocolate balls (I can give you a recipe if it sounds like something you'd like)

Make some hummous - blend up chickpeas with some salt and pepper and some lemon juice, and dip carrots or cucmber or any veg really. (to give it a stronger flavour, add some freshly chopped chili or garlic)

make homemade fig bars

And, if you want a treat: Blend up some chickpeas with vanilla sugar, and add some chocolate chips. Bam, healthy cookie dough.
  • saleighty25
    Options
    Just now checking back with this blog. Thanks everyone for the awesome ideas!
  • florecita453
    florecita453 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Kale without ribs, cut into bite size pieces, washed and completely dried (one bunch).
    Mix the kale with 2 tbsp of olive oil and salt to taste (go light to avoid too salty chips)
    Bake at 275 for ten to 15 minutes. They taste great, and are super crunchy