Micronutrients??

Options
va_01
va_01 Posts: 176 Member
Hi everyone

So I have been paying attention to my macros, but not my micros. I am wondering what is a sufficient amount of intake for these/what kinds / etc? Would a multi vitamin be sufficient?

Replies

• sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Take a peek under the reports section, see if there are any micronutrients that you are consistently under. myfitnesspal.com/reports

If you eat a varied diet you should be fine. If you are worried you may be lacking in something, go to your doctor and have them do a metabolic panel to see where you stand. That would be the best way to see if there's something that you should focusing on getting more of.

Some people think multivitamins are unnecessary, I like taking one just to cover any gaps I may have.
  • va_01
    va_01 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I ask because I'm currently on a bulk but it is very hard and expensive to eat 4000 cals a day, so much of my cal intake comes from milk and grains. I do eat a better balanced lunch, and dinner. But the majority of my cals come from my weight gainer shakes, extra milk, etc. that's why I worry I am missing out on micro nutrients I'm not aware of
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It's fairly trivial to get sufficient amounts of micronutrients, especially on a bulk. A cut is where most people have to worry about micronutrient deficiencies. A multivitamin can't hurt, helps fill the gaps.
  • cbrw22013
    cbrw22013 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What should your micronutrient percentages be if you want to lose 130 lbs. on a 1200 calorie diet?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Thanks to my multivitamin, there are only a few where I need some work and if I could just learn to like dark, leafy greens, there would be no issue!

Different ones have different amounts. I'm sure it googleable.