Shirataki Noodles with Chicken Sausage

Options
Crystal817
Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
Just tried these noodles for the first time. I followed the package instructions exactly and had no fishy smell/taste when I was done.

For 220 calories I ended up with something that tasted just like a creamy alfredo type sauce. It was delicious!

recipe1.jpg

You can use any laughing cow cheese you wish. After prepping noodles (according to the package), I sauteed the chicken sausage, and then added the rest of the ingredients, stirring until the cheese is melted and a thick sauce is formed.

Next time I'm going to add some veggies. Enjoy!

Replies

• scopelk
    scopelk Posts: 43
    Options
    sounds real yummy.. thanks for the info!!
  • andreae13
    andreae13 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Yum!!! Definitely going to try this!!!
  • Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    sounds great
  • aquababy
    aquababy Posts: 8
    Options
    Is that a Hungry Girl recipe?
  • daniellejg
    daniellejg Posts: 97
    Options
    sounds nummy!
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    that sounds AMAZING!!
  • Crystal817
    Options
    Is that a Hungry Girl recipe?

Not exactly. I got the idea from her website.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Those are my absolute favorite sausages. So delicious!
  • sightnowchanging
    Options
    Where did you find these noodles?? I've been looking for them for months to no avail!
  • catmandoodle
    catmandoodle Posts: 117
    Options
    bump
  • koizumi6
    koizumi6 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I've found the noodles in the refrigerated section at whole foods... i had to ask for them bc they were not easily spotted, however I think they are nasty and taste like fish
  • Kelekat
    Kelekat Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Just an FYI - 1 oz of goat cheese has 70 calories and has no artificial ingredients. You might like it better than Laughing Cow.
  • Crystal817
    Options
    however I think they are nasty and taste like fish

I was afraid I was going to feel the same way, but I rinsed them for a good 5 mins, then boiled them for another 5 mins. I found absolutely NO fish smell or taste after I blotted them dry with a couple paper towels!
    Just an FYI - 1 oz of goat cheese has 70 calories and has no artificial ingredients. You might like it better than Laughing Cow.

I love goat chesse, however I do not think it would have worked as well in this recipe. Plus I love laughing cow. Thanks though. :wink:
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Mmmm! I want to try this!
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    i'm waiting for mine in the mail!! i can't wait. thnx for the recipe!! :):)
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Oooo, sounds good! I really need to hit my local health food store and find shirataki and try this. I love chicken sausage any which way. Thanks for sharing this!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I'll have to try!!
  • Crystal817
    Options
    One thing about the noodles... RINSE THEM! And then rinse them again! I let them sit under cold running water for about 5 mins. Then I boiled them for another 5 mins, drained the water and dumped the noodles onto a plate with paper towels and then patted them dry with more paper towels. If you do this, I seriously don't get how people say they still smell/taste fishy! Mine we're awesome! (The texture is different though)
  • DJmom44
    DJmom44 Posts: 91
    Options
    bump
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    CommittohealthCHANGED Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    :tongue: bump