new and kicking myself into gear help and friends appreciate

Options
So hi! Everyone, I am new to this whole excercising thing lol. I am currently doing Zumba 4x a week along with walking.
I am VERY motivated, I had something very life changing happen to me recently and it made me realize that I can't sit around. And that I should be doing something with my weight.
I m looking forward to putting myself first for once and watching as the pounds melt off, since I've started doing Zumba I have already lost 2 pounds :-)
How is everyone else?

Replies

• TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Everyone always preaches "diet and exercise"... and for the longest time I'd do one or the other and see some results, but not what I would hope.... but this site has really got me in the habit of doing "diet and exercise".... and believe it or not... it works! Good luck!
  • Yahsdaughter
    Options
    I'm always in need of a new friend!
  • Raven00
    Raven00 Posts: 67
    Options
    @TMLPATRICK I love your sig what hockey team do you root for?
    I am a die hard Red Wings fan but re Cunucks and Sharks aren't doing so bad either :-)

@YAHSDAUGHTER OMG your son is so cute! How many months is he?
  • gonnabeskinny2011
    Options
    Everyone always preaches "diet and exercise"... and for the longest time I'd do one or the other and see some results, but not what I would hope.... but this site has really got me in the habit of doing "diet and exercise".... and believe it or not... it works! Good luck!

Welcome and I'm the same as above, been on 3 bike rides this week and had the wii fit out....... but more so cause i wanted to, not that I should do it!!!!!

Good luck on your journey!!
  • hglmin
    hglmin Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This site is awesome!! I had been doing SO good and ever since easter I have been doing not so good. Gonnna kick it back into gear and hope to see some results! Im always looking for new friends who I can offer encouragment to and get encoragement from :) Add me if any of you would like.
  • azachery
    azachery Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am so with putting self first.... what a thought?!? So much of my adult life has been about my children, its time for me! As my daughter is home from her first year of college, she has helped me realize that there is more in life that I need to discover and that the only thing holding me back is me! It's my turn!

You can do it! You are on the right track, keep up the great work.
  • kateerickson22
    Options
    Hi! I'm new too, as of today! I recently lost about 50 lbs and I'm geared up and ready to loose another 65 or so....I'm motivated...but its hard with a husband who sabotages.... I know I can do this though. Good luck on the start of your weight loss! Congrats for being so motivated!
  • Raven00
    Raven00 Posts: 67
    Options
    Thank you all you guys are awesome!
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! This site is the best! Best of luck to you!!