Working on that Belly!

Kaldrmjolka
Kaldrmjolka Posts: 86
edited September 27 in Fitness and Exercise
Looking for any and all good tips for trimming down my stomach, hips, thighs: around there. :)

I switch from Elliptical, Wii FIt (which does focus on areas), and Wii Zumba, to keep my routines interesting currently.

Replies

• LuneBleu85
    LuneBleu85 Posts: 217
    I had a lot of success with pilates, especially with a resistance band. Good luck!
  • makboo
    makboo Posts: 5
    Is there a way to do this without having to do crunches/ab work out? I train for half-marathons and just ran a full one all year long and I swear I lose fat in all my body, but my ab area! I realize these are vanity fat losses, but it's frustrating.
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    i do zumba hip hop abs yoga booty ballet.. and i lost 2 inches on my waist in 2 weeks. however just realized i missed my measure day somehow -busier this week than normal maybe is how- so ...... going to measure... tick tock....

k make that 3 inches in 3 weeks

hope that helps some
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Targeting fat loss in a certain area (aka spot reduction) is a myth.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    I have been combining the treadmill, strength training and Tae Bo. I saw my reflection today at the store and was like "WOW!" my belly has gone waaaaay down.
  • Kaldrmjolka
    Kaldrmjolka Posts: 86
    Thanks everyone :) I really appreciate it! Going to throw in some new things to my routine and see where it takes me.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Run up hills
  • FatUncleRob
    FatUncleRob Posts: 341

True, but you can get results by toning the muscles in the area you want to work on.
  • nbackes
    nbackes Posts: 5
    Something I've learned that has gotten me results in the past is
    Running...Run Run. Running and more running :(
    i know it sounds lame but it works
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member

True, but you can get results by toning the muscles in the area you want to work on.

Toning? Define toning. It's just a fluff word. You either lose fat, gain muscle, or do nothing.
This discussion has been closed.