Smoothies

Options
RachelNichole85
RachelNichole85 Posts: 39 Member
Hi everyone!

I would like some recipes for delicious, cheap and easy smoothies for my morning breakfast! I started MFP a few years ago, but have failed many times. I don't know what has changed, but I started Dec. 1st, 2014 and as of today have lost approx. 15 lbs. I have not been exercising yet because I am trying to get my body used to the lower calorie intake first, but I am hoping this is a change for the REST of my life! I have about 50 more lbs I would like to lose as my final weight loss goal! Thanks to MFP groups for all the inspiration! So many of you have done amazing!! You should all be so proud!

Rachel
(South Dakota!)

Replies

• eylesa
    eylesa Posts: 2
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I like to do one scoop of protein powder, vanilla or chocolate, with 1 cup almond milk a banana and one cup of frozen berries.

Or same recipe take out the berries add one tbsp of all natural peanut butter and some ice.

These are my go to.
  • luckykarma83
    luckykarma83 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My favorite smoothie keeps me full for quite some time. Slice a banana up and freeze it overnight. In the morning, in a blender put the frozen banana, 6 oz of milk, a tablespoon of peanut butter (or whatever nut butter you prefer) and 1/2 cup of plain quick oats. I know it sounds odd, but the oats don't actually bother me and I thought they would. All said and done its 402 calories but the one time I had this I didn't feel the need to eat until lunch, I skipped my morning snack. You could top it with mini chocolate chips but I personally don't find them necessary, you get plenty of sweetness from the banana.
  • MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I am a smoothie junkie!!! I start every day with a smoothie or warm protein drink. I just started this daily routine on 01/05/2015 and I've lost 7.2 pounds. I use whey protein isolate powder as research has shown that this type of protein is best for women who would like to lose weight. I always drink my smoothie/protein drink within 15-30 minutes of awaking. It keeps me full well into lunch time and keeps me from overeating all day long. If I have had a day or two that I haven't been eating as healthy as I should, I will drink three smoothies in place of meals which sort serves as a detox.

My Basic Cold Smoothie
    1 scoop protein powder (unflavored or flavor of choice)
    1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1/2 cup FF Greek yogurt
    1 Tablespoon chia seeds
    Stats: 227 calories, 4g fat, 9g fiber, and 32g protein

Then add in 1/2 fruit (I usually use berries), 1 1/2 cups veggies (I usually use spinach, kale, or a greens power blend.

My Basic Warm Protein Drink
    8 oz. coffee
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
    Stats: 110 calories, 4g fat, 5g fiber, and 16g protein

With the warm protein drink, to vary the flavor I use flavored liquid stevia, I have English toffee, raspberry chocolate, vanilla crème, and French vanilla. But there are a ton of flavors available. These liquids add no calories.
  • RachelNichole85
    RachelNichole85 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much!! I will give them all a try! :)
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    My smoothies are a bit more primitive. Firm believer in just taking a mix of berries mango banana with apple juice or a some plain Greek yogurt is super delish. It comes out around 200cal
  • jamaicalvr68
    jamaicalvr68 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am using Wonderslim pudding shakes from Bariatric choice. I havent had surgery, I buy the shakes for meal replacement when Im in a rush. The strawberry is so good, I add some.frozen strawberrys and a frozen banana as well so good and filling.
    100 cal (without added fruit)
    1.5 g of fat
    Carbs 7
    Sugar 2g
    Protein 15 g
  • rmormino1
    Options
    Peanut butter berry smoothie

1/2 banana
    1/2 c frozen assort berries
    1/4 c coconut milk
    1/2 c cold brew green matcha
    2 Tsp organic creamy peanut butter

Blend all together in vitamix
  • 1mjohnson
    Options
    Is their any good website's out there with all this information
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    My latest:
    coconut milk/soy milk etc.
    Spinach/kale/collards/bok choy
    Berries
    Ginger
    Turmeric
    pumpkin
    hemp hearts
    chia seeds
    flax seeds.
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My go to is:

1 cup almond milk
    a splash of orange juice
    1 banana
    1 cup frozen strawberries
    fill blender to the top with fresh spinach

Sometimes I will add a tbsp of chia seeds. This makes 2 servings for me. It is yummy and I love getting so many veggies in my breakfast!
  • swballa123
    Options
    hsd1zahfenu1.jpg

• Krau
    Krau Posts: 20
    Options
    http://simplegreensmoothies.com/ I like this website. The most important thing I learned from it was the very important step of blending your liquids and your greens FIRST then adding the other ingredients. I purchased a juicer so I don't make smoothies much anymore but this is where I started because a blender was cheaper to purchase. I really like to take my green juice and add coconut or almond milk, frozen kiwi, frozen or fresh avocado, frozen banana and it's really good! To start without green juice, I'd take the milk and blend it with spinach or kale (I prefer spinach by far, milder flavor) and then add the rest.