Carb cycling for me??

Options
The concept of carb cycling seems simple and scientifically makes sense to me.

I am wondering if this is something recommended for those with still plenty left to lose or is it intended for those closer to their fitness goals for definition and cutting?

Anyone who has done it for 6-12 weeks and had good results with a lot of weight still to go?

Thoughts?

Replies

• Nebrie
    Nebrie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    To the best of my understanding carb cycling is best suited for people who are "closer to their fitness goals for definition and cutting". The only people I know who do this are fitness models. While the concept of carb cycling seems simple I have found it not to be. It's too complex in actual practice for me to follow through. I'm just now getting the hang of eating healthier and making wiser choices and to add yet other thing on top of that is just too much for me. I'll just stick to staying at my allotted calorie goal deficit and hitting my macros.
  • Swan37
    Swan37 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've used carb cycling for the past 5 years and every time got in great shape and felt amazing. The past year I went back on a tradition bodybuilding diet, high protein, high carb, low fat...and felt sluggish often, had bowel "issues" and gained fat. I will carb cycle for the rest of my life. It just works. If you want to gain, lose, or maintain, just increase/decrease the number of carb meals or days.

My .02 cents. Best of luck!

JS
  • Trukngrl
    Trukngrl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks for the input. I think I may stick it out with the basics and try to throw it in for a month or so every now and then. Like counting calories 2.0 or adding in something to change up when I got this calorie thing down.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ... No reason to carb cycle unless you're getting on stage in a bikini, and that's only to look "DRY".

Eat carbs when you want. If you're more of an evening eater, like I am, save all your carbs for later.

Carbs don't make you fat, at all, period. Unless your body has some weird reaction to carbs that's been medically diagnosed by a professional....
  • iwishihad
    iwishihad Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Chris & Heidi Powell use carb cycling with all of their clients -- including those on Extreme Weight Loss. The idea is that it's only for body builders & fitness models doesn't really make sense in that case. I would suggest checking out chrispowell.com & his books.