When do you weigh yourself

Options
So I am not sure when to weigh myself. I have read to do it in the morning before you eat anything. I heard this is your actual weight. When I do this I am a much lower number than if I weigh myself at night.
Can someone please help me?!

Replies

• clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I do it every morning at the same time, after I get up and use restroom then relax with my cup of coffee... but I am a data person and don't care about fluctuation.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    In the morning.
  • livb528
    livb528 Posts: 55 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Every morning after I pee, lol. If I weigh myself at night, the scale is 4-5 lbs heavier from all the food and liquid I consumed that day.
  • mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Same as clambert1273. I find it is most consistent for me.
  • squeakyrobot
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning, before I eat/drink anything. I do it a couple times a week (whenever I remember), just to remind myself that weight does normally fluctuate even when I'm having a perfect week.
  • November_Fire
    November_Fire Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Yep, first thing in the morning. As you eat throughout the day you add weight (food) and water. By the end of the day you could be 3-4lb up, everyone is.

First thing. After you wee.
  • megantoth014
    megantoth014 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ok, great! Thanks so much. So I am a little lighter than I thought.
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter as long as you weigh at the same time each week for consistency. I weigh Friday evening when I get home from work.
  • _L_A_
    _L_A_ Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I weigh first thing in the morning, after using the loo and with no clothes on! I weigh every day too, but I'm not the sort of person who is bothered by the fluctuations!

The important thing is to weigh at the same time of day every time you weigh because that's best for direct comparison
  • colleenbohlen
    Options
    Absolutely first thing in the morning. This is your most accurate weight. Weight fluctuates throughout the day due to the types of food you eat. If you eat something high in salt, you will have more water retention, etc. So definitely weigh first thing in the morning and stay off the scale the rest of the day or you will only frustrate yourself.
  • XTiffers13X
    Options
    Every day in the morning.
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter as long as you weigh at the same time each week for consistency. I weigh Friday evening when I get home from work.

This. Consistency is key. Weigh yourself at relatively the same time and in the same condition. For me it's in the morning and still fasted, after using the bathroom, and wearing nothing.