How to stop burn out??

Options
working out hard, struggling to use all my calories wats the best food to stop burn out???

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Rest days
  • kelly30mad
    Options
    I'm taking Tuesday, w'day and Sunday.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    kelly30mad wrote: »
    I'm taking Tuesday, w'day and Sunday.

Take a week off or two. Come back with a renewed spirit :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Why on earth would it be food?
    What does working out hard mean? How often, how long?
    What are you doing?
    As said by the toad take a rest, dont overdo it, pace yourself and have some variety.
    If you are struggling to use calories then eat some more calorie dense foods.
  • kelly30mad
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    Why on earth would it be food?
    What does working out hard mean? How often, how long?
    What are you doing?
    As said by the toad take a rest, dont overdo it, pace yourself and have some variety.
    If you are struggling to use calories then eat some more calorie dense foods.

Thanks queenie xx chil out tig damm lol
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    What tigger asked goes to the heart of identifying the issue. Without knowing what you mean by "working out hard" in terms of exercise, intensity, duration, and frequency all anyone can do is give generic answers like rest more (however three rest days a week is normally more than enough). Without knowing what you eat, there is no way to identify if the problem is simply a fueling issue that can be fixed by changing up a few foods.

• bing125
    bing125 Posts: 2
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I could not agree more with Queenliz99. Give yourself a week and find your motivation. I have been religiously following StrongLifts for the last seven months but Monday I hit a wall. I took the rest of the week off and having been reading some fitness articles and now can't wait to be back at it on Monday.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If you cant provide relevant information then people arent going to be able to give you decent answers. Your original question makes little sense as you start off talking about burn out at the gym, but feel not making your calories is somehow related? Looks like two different issues.
  • kelly30mad
    Options
    So I workout 4 times a week!!! Boxing pads and conditioning x 2, suspension training 1 and bootcamp times 1.. I'm also a mother of 3 teenagers and a baby 1 of the teenagers has a disability.. So excuse me for not remembering workout etiquette but I have been away from it for a while, wit the loss of my mum as well.. I'm after advise not people picking, I thought these chats where for support for people like me.. Also I walk my dog daily thru the woods and up the mountain... The reason I'm getting back into it is to have a little me time and wat best way to spend it but at the gym!!!
  • kelly30mad
    Options
    bing125 wrote: »
    I could not agree more with Queenliz99. Give yourself a week and find your motivation. I have been religiously following StrongLifts for the last seven months but Monday I hit a wall. I took the rest of the week off and having been reading some fitness articles and now can't wait to be back at it on Monday.

Thank you!!! :-) great advise...
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    uhmmm - ok. Still don't really know what question OP is looking to get support for. Although, I do pick up on 'hangry', so I'll go with 'eat more' !
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I agree with eat more!
  • kelly30mad
    Options
    I agree with eat more!

Thanks guys, I'm trying to stay away from snackin.. I'm Givin it my all at the gym but felt a bit deflated today:-(.. Gonna take another look at my meals and add some extras in so I'm hittin my calories and still eating clean ;-)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    When I start feeling "burn out" I take a step back and ask myself:

1 - am I doing too much in general (happens when I want to train for this, that, and the other...and that other thing too)
    2 - am I trying to do too much too fast (happens when I start endurance training and I'm in a hurry to bump my mileage up)
    3 - am I providing my body with adequate energy to support all of my activity...am I eating enough?
    4 - am I eating the right stuff...are my macros optimized for my performance
    5 - am I getting enough rest (rest days) and sleep?
  • kelly30mad
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    When I start feeling "burn out" I take a step back and ask myself:

1 - am I doing too much in general (happens when I want to train for this, that, and the other...and that other thing too)
    2 - am I trying to do too much too fast (happens when I start endurance training and I'm in a hurry to bump my mileage up)
    3 - am I providing my body with adequate energy to support all of my activity...am I eating enough?
    4 - am I eating the right stuff...are my macros optimized for my performance
    5 - am I getting enough rest (rest days) and sleep?

Thank you for your great points, defo think its not eating enough.. My baby has been poorly lately so havin broken sleep..

My eldest is doin His exams, also takin him to gymnastics competitions around the country. Then I've got the other 3 to run round to do there thing..

I'm trying to juggle everything and plan meals and fit the gym in.. Wears me out thinkin about it lol.. Gonna look at my food tomoz and hav a few rest days and build from there fresh and revitalised (hopefully)..