Plank Challenge

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Not to deter you from doing planks, but planks beyond 1 minute aren't building strength (you need progressive resistance to do that), but muscle endurance (think long distance running here). The challenges are great for helping people adhere to consistency with exercise and fitness though. I just believe that the truth about what they are really achieving in fitness should be clearer.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • oriole35
    oriole35 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My trainer told me planks are good for building core body strength. It may be true after you can do them well, as will all exercises you need to add weight or resistance. I can do 60 sec, but not on all planks. I am using a phone app right now and can't make it thru the whole routine.
  • robbypink
    robbypink Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info ninerbuff. I am running a mile a day and need to add some strength training. I am doing it like you said to help with consistancy with my exercise! To tell you the truth I am not sure what I want to achieve/will achieve witht the challenge, I just want to see if I can do it and stick with it! :)