Lose 8 lbs by V day possible?

Options
Need to lose 10 pounds before going on vacation in a month. Is losing 8 pounds by Feb 14 doable? I am willing to do whatever it takes.

Replies

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    You "need" to lose 10 pounds by then? Or what? The zombies will invade?

Go on vacation. Enjoy. The vacation doesn't care what the number on the scale says. The scale doesn't care that you're on vacation.
  • lopatasneem
    Options
    Let's say, yes, zombies will invade. :)
  • segacs
    Options
  • segacs
    Options
    Also, if you pack me in your luggage and take me with you, that will count as weight training for an extra 135lbs. Plus, I'll get a free vacation. Win-win. :)

(Is there a beach involved? And little drinks with umbrellas in them?)
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Riiiiiiiight. "need" ...
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Depending on how much you have to lose, it might not be the best idea. If you only have a little bit to lose, then 2 lbs per week is likely too aggressive.
    Did you just find out that you where taking a vacation in less then a month? If not, then why didn't you start sooner?
    Your weight won't make or break your vacation. So why not just go and have fun , no matter what you weigh.
  • lopatasneem
    Options
    10 pounds is all i need to lose.
  • dawnmarie1227
    dawnmarie1227 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    A lot of it is based on your eating habits before you try to lose. If you had a steady diet of soda, pizza, chips, and fast food the weight will probably come off quicker than if you were already eating healthy. I have managed to drop almost ten pounds in two weeks, but I also have a goal of losing 60 pounds. If you are just trying to take off ten pounds it probably won't come off so easily.
  • lopatasneem
    Options
    I figured it won't be easy. I have a pretty healthy food habit. That's why I wrote "willing to do whatever it takes".
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Look into bodyweight/strength training and do it in conjunction with the calorie goal MFP gave you (do not undereat--you need to fuel those muscles). I'm not sure what results a person who only has 10 pounds to lose would see, but I began losing inches after about two weeks of strength training.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    If you're obese, it shouldn't be too hard to lose ten pounds in a month. If you're overweight, it will be tough, but you could probably do it. If you're a normal weight with a total of ten to lose, that is an awfully aggressive goal and will be very difficult.

I wish you luck, but don't get too upset if it doesn't happen. If you work on it, when your next big deadline comes up, you'll already be there. :)
  • ourtruelovewillneverdie
    Options
    If you just want to lose the weight and don't care about gaining back water weight when you reintroduce carbs, try low carb, high fat. Most of the weight you lose will be water though.