Greek yogurt recipes

Options
candacefausset
candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
I have lately been on a Greek yogurt kick. I have subbed it in recipes that asked for mayo and yesterday I made a skinnier version of alfredo by subbing it in place of cream and adding some broth and pasta water to it to thin it down.

I am always on the lookout for new ways to use it. Or what to mix into it for yumminess! Hit me with your ideas please

Replies

• Spellana2010
    Options
    I use Fage 0% non-fat Greek yogurt mixed with a fat tablespoon on sriracha sauce--not as hot as it sounds, but a great dip/sauce for veggies/sandwich spread
  • allieallieoxenfree
    allieallieoxenfree Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Instead of sour cream in tacos, base for a smoothie, in scrambled eggs--some of my faves!
  • candacefausset
    Options
    I use Fage 0% non-fat Greek yogurt mixed with a fat tablespoon on sriracha sauce--not as hot as it sounds, but a great dip/sauce for veggies/sandwich spread
    Mmmm, wonder if it resembles Japanese spicy sauce which is a mix of Japanese mayo and sriracha. It is one of my favorite sushi sauces.
  • caranais
    caranais Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    add some tandoori spices and lemon juice and marinate chicken breasts,(overnight if possible or at least two hours), then grill on high for a lovely tandoori chicken, or you can cube and skewer the chicken for kebabs. For a sweet treat, slice in some banana and freeze. A nice sweet pudding that takes a bit longer to eat, so seems like more. put a little grated chocolate on top for a treat. I love Greek yogurt too, it's worth the few extra calories I think for the lovely creamy texture and extra protein.
  • HaideeJo13
    HaideeJo13 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I also use greek yogurt, usually the chobani 90 cal plain. I sometimes mix buffalo sauce in it for a dip for my cauliflower. Sometimes I also get a ranch dry packet and mix it in the greek yogurt. Much lower in calories than real ranch. Sometimes I add a little unsweetened almond milk in it just to make it a little less thick. I too use it in place of sour cream, my kids don't even mind it in place of sour cream.
  • candacefausset
    Options
    HaideeJo13 wrote: »
    I also use greek yogurt, usually the chobani 90 cal plain. I sometimes mix buffalo sauce in it for a dip for my cauliflower. Sometimes I also get a ranch dry packet and mix it in the greek yogurt. Much lower in calories than real ranch. Sometimes I add a little unsweetened almond milk in it just to make it a little less thick. I too use it in place of sour cream, my kids don't even mind it in place of sour cream.

I totally thought about using it for ranch as well! And I am going to try to make my own cucumber sauce tonight because it calls for strained yogurt anyway. Thought I would make gyro salads tomorrow with it.

The buffalo sauce sounds good too. Might try that as a marinade for some baked chicken!
  • HaideeJo13
    Options
    I am a buffalo sauce fiend LOL Heck I will steam cauliflower and just dip it in regular old Franks buffalo sauce lol. Another thing I do with buffalo sauce lol is get the flatout wraps, use it as a personal pizza crust spread some buffalo sauce on it, chop up some baked chicken spread it on, chop some artichoke hearts and cover it with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese bake it until its crispy and then spread chopped spinach on it. I love it. One of my big time go to's! Of course I do add a little more buffalo sauce after I take it out lol i told you i love the stuff. Oh and I bake it at 450
  • HaideeJo13
    Options
    They also have whole wheat tortillas at costco that are a really good size and ony 8 or 90 calories per tortilla I sometimes use those as a crust as well. My kids love tortilla pizzas :) The flatout wraps I get are also 90 calories per wrap.
  • candacefausset
    Options
    HaideeJo13 wrote: »
    I am a buffalo sauce fiend LOL Heck I will steam cauliflower and just dip it in regular old Franks buffalo sauce lol. Another thing I do with buffalo sauce lol is get the flatout wraps, use it as a personal pizza crust spread some buffalo sauce on it, chop up some baked chicken spread it on, chop some artichoke hearts and cover it with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese bake it until its crispy and then spread chopped spinach on it. I love it. One of my big time go to's! Of course I do add a little more buffalo sauce after I take it out lol i told you i love the stuff. Oh and I bake it at 450

I love it too! I just have a serious sodium problem so I have to watch it. I wanted hot wings all the time while I was pregnant! Well... really I just want hot wings all the time anyway. But I still have to go lightly because of the sodium. I have a bit of an addiction to salty foods and I tend to overdo it.