In a rut

Options
2 year s ago I lost weight with mfp. now I just cant seem to lose. I tried a weight watchers app but no luck either. Idk if its cause I'm getting older! Almost 40 here! Does everyone use their exercise cals? And does anyone give themselves a " cheat" day?

Replies

• jawilder230
    jawilder230 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's not because you are older. Your metabolism slows down over time due to less testosterone production (for men only) but that happens over an extended period of time (decades). What is your current weight? What is your body fat percentage? How many calories are you eating a day? Do you work out reguarly? Typically if you are not losing weight then you are simply (1) eating to many calories (2) lying to yourself and underestimating calories consumed. Keep reducing your calories 200 cals per week and see when your body starts to respond. And to answer your question, yes, I have 1 cheat day a week where I eat 1000 cals more than I usually do. But if you are not losing weight then a cheat day may slow your progress. I would focus on finding your caloric deficit level for now.
  • kmbr93
    kmbr93 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the reply. I currently weigh185. I'm not sue about my percentage.. I can usually go up a few then always settle at that weight. I cant make up my mind on which program to do. I start to think I'll do weight watchers its not about the cals its what you eat. But I could focus on that here too. i think I will try this week to not use my exercise cals see how that goes!