I'm just not losing weight

Options
13»

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    I workout 5/6x a week doing cardio( running, elliptical burning about 400-700 a day. I've been eating really good and sticking to my diet(1200 calories I'm 5 1" weighing about 150 my legs take up most my weight in muscle) and consuming more protein in my diet. I don't know why I haven't lost any more weight by now?

Do you ever get less than 8 hours of sleep on a regular bases?

• missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I workout 5/6x a week doing cardio( running, elliptical burning about 400-700 a day. I've been eating really good and sticking to my diet(1200 calories I'm 5 1" weighing about 150 my legs take up most my weight in muscle) and consuming more protein in my diet. I don't know why I haven't lost any more weight by now?

How are you calculating that calorie burn? Do you wear an HRM? If you're going by the MFP estimate it could be that you're overestimating your calories burned, which means that if you eat them back, you eat back too much.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Fat turning into muscle? Not sure but just frustrating me I'm not losing lbs.
    IXUO5zJ.gif
  • katelynmccloy
    katelynmccloy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't public? It says on your ticker you've lost 6lbs though, so you must be doing something right!

If you're burning 700 calories, you should be eating more than 1200.

Well how my fitnesspal has it set up for active" they gave me 1,230 calories to eat and I don't wanna eat the calories I just burned off. I put it as public so it should be showing... So since I burn 400-700 some days how many calories should I eat?

If you're using the MFP method then it is designed for you to eat back the calories you burned. Most will say to only eat back half as MFP can be generous on caloric burns. Also the other 2 questions are what do you have your loss per week set at - 2 pounds? And what is your goal weight?

Yes I'm trying to lose 2lbs a week. What's mfp? My goal weight is 130lbs

MFP stands for My Fitness Pal. It's the site/app that you're posting on right now.

How are you calculating that calorie burn? Do you wear an HRM? If you're going by the MFP estimate it could be that you're overestimating your calories burned, which means that if you eat them back, you eat back too much.
    I calculate from the machines and MFP and no I don't eat the calories back
  • katelynmccloy
    Options

Do you ever get less than 8 hours of sleep on a regular bases?

Yes
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    It looks like your not weighing everything with a food scale. Also, two weeks isn't enough time to judge if something is working or not. Your likely eating more then 1200. If you where truly eating that little and burning that much, then you'd be losing weight.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add in , on 1200 calories your not building muscle. You'd have to be eating at a surplus
  • jawilder230
    jawilder230 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    (1)1 you are eating more than you think (2) you need to go lower in calories. But seriously, if your stomach is shrinking who cares if your not losing weight. If your looking better keep doing it.

And fyi- at an appropriate calorie deficit 2 weeks is more than enough time to notice changes in your physique. Maybe you should try intermittent fasting. I have been doing that for half a year and it seems to work well for me.
  • katelynmccloy
    Options
    (1)1 you are eating more than you think (2) you need to go lower in calories. But seriously, if your stomach is shrinking who cares if your not losing weight. If your looking better keep doing it.

And fyi- at an appropriate calorie deficit 2 weeks is more than enough time to notice changes in your physique. Maybe you should try intermittent fasting. I have been doing that for half a year and it seems to work well for me.

Ya when I fasted I lost the most before.. My 3 meals for the day 4 hours in between then stopped eating at 6/7pm
  • katelynmccloy
    Options
    Thorsmom05 wrote: »
    It looks like your not weighing everything with a food scale. Also, two weeks isn't enough time to judge if something is working or not. Your likely eating more then 1200. If you where truly eating that little and burning that much, then you'd be losing weight.

Yep I weigh my food out.. I'm just noticing shrinking not so much pound loss.
  • fudgepineapples
    fudgepineapples Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just a quick comment: you eat a CRAZY amount of tuna. Might want to reconsider that due to Mercury content.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    HELLO! You have lost 6lbs in 2 weeks. At least your tracker says so-and you say you've been at it for 2 weeks. That is an appropriate-even excellent -rate of weight loss for you!

Ignore all the suggestions and just keep on with what you are doing. It's working!
  • abbas135754
    abbas135754 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    honestly you look great, I think you should just maintain and not try to lose.