Keto Weight Loss Stall

Options
Hi guys, I'm new at this whole controlled eating thing and I'd like your opinions as to why I'm not having as much success with the way I'm eating as I'd like. I have opened my diary to the public and would love some commentary/critique.

I'm female, 29 and currently on what passes for a period while doing this eating style. Gotta admit it's at least helped that. Figured it was important because it could explain the last few days of weight gain but not much else than that.

Oh, and I know I'm not getting enough vegetables, I'm working on that. I'm eating more vegetables now than I ever ate in my life but it's not easy to fit them in when you don't like them too much. Although, garlic butter frying as made me eat more. If anyone has some recipe suggestions for Avacadoes that would be lovely too since I don't like them so much but I bought some anyway because apparently they're a great keto food.

I started doing the diet before tracking it on MFP so I actually started out at 310lbs and I'm down to 285lbs as of today but my lowest was about 282 and I can't seem to get lower than that. I do need to drop weight because of a hiatus hernia and pre hypertension that I developed from being obese. My ultimate goal is to get down to 200lbs and than maintain. I've never been thin, always big and I figure going down further would just be a nightmare to maintain. 200lbs is about 20lbs over what I was in high school.

For the TLDR people.
Weight: 285lbs, Goal 200lbs
Method of Weight loss: Keto 60%fat 30%protein 10%carb
Diary open to public, looking for critique as to why I'm stalling/gaining now.

Also, thanks. :wink:

Replies

• ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    You may need to play around with your net carbs. Some people can lose on 50 net carbs, others 40. I can lose weight when my net carbs are under 40, but I really lose when it's under 30. So play around with carb numbers and see what happens. Also, make sure you are getting plenty of water. That's pretty important because with keto, your sodium levels are much higher, so without water you will bloat. Never fun. Avocados are awesome and they 're even more awesome in an omelette smothered in cheese! Or in a chicken salad. Or even as a dip for cold cuts. The possibilities are endless!
  • Nitewing5
    Nitewing5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hm, the water may be something to look into. I usually only manage about 500ml at work and probably another 500ml at home.
  • denisegresham1
    denisegresham1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    just be careful on keto with vegetables. Some have a lot of carbs in them. Vegetables grown under the dirt have more carbs and sugar in them
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Necro!