Cruise ship tips

I'm going on a cruise next week and really don't want to sabatoge my efforts. I've been tracking for 20 days now, and I think I've lost a couple of pounds (my scale at home sucks so it's hard to say.)

Anyone else been on a cruise and not gained a bunch of weight? I have a tendency to pack on pounds while on vacation.

I'd love some tips. Did you eat the buffet or just stick to restaurants? I think I'm mainly feeling stressed because I won't have wifi so I won't be able to look up calorie info.

Replies

• vmsolko
    vmsolko Posts: 51 Member
    I haven't been on a cruise while calorie counting but I think in general it is a good idea to stick with the restaurants. If a buffet gives you the mentality of "I have to try it all", it might be a good idea to stay away. Also on a cruise, the food just seems to be everywhere and way too easy. You literally can grab a slice of pizza just because it looked good on your way to the pool. I would say to try and be cognizant of whether you're really hungry or if you just want to eat because it is there.

Obviously it's a vacation and (if you're like me) food is part of the fun. For me, calorie counting on a vacation (especially when you are only ballparking it and probably no where close to correct) takes away from the vacation itself. Maybe make it a goal to get in exercise every day. Knowing that you are still working on your health and fitness, even though you aren't calorie counting could help you say no to some food that you don't really even need or want.

Good luck! Enjoy your vacation! We're headed to an all-inclusive in Puerto Vallarta in March and I am working toward that bikini every day! :)
  • skinnykate22
    skinnykate22 Posts: 14 Member
    vmsolko wrote: »
    I haven't been on a cruise while calorie counting but I think in general it is a good idea to stick with the restaurants. If a buffet gives you the mentality of "I have to try it all", it might be a good idea to stay away. Also on a cruise, the food just seems to be everywhere and way too easy. You literally can grab a slice of pizza just because it looked good on your way to the pool. I would say to try and be cognizant of whether you're really hungry or if you just want to eat because it is there.

Obviously it's a vacation and (if you're like me) food is part of the fun. For me, calorie counting on a vacation (especially when you are only ballparking it and probably no where close to correct) takes away from the vacation itself. Maybe make it a goal to get in exercise every day. Knowing that you are still working on your health and fitness, even though you aren't calorie counting could help you say no to some food that you don't really even need or want.

Good luck! Enjoy your vacation! We're headed to an all-inclusive in Puerto Vallarta in March and I am working toward that bikini every day! :)

Thanks for your reply! I agree food is part of the fun... For me it's just keeping myself from over-indulging. Hard to do, but I know it's possible. You are so right about the "have to try everything" mentality at buffets. Have fun on your vacation in March!

• happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Bring me. I'll be happy to eat anything that you don't want to take a risk on!

*have fun :)
  • To me a cruise is a once in awhile thing unless your rich and can go all the time lol I say have fun and enjoy it and then when you get back home get back on track.