What can I do?

Options
Wanted to start afresh this new year as my fiancee is pregnant and I didn't want my little girl to come out thinking "who the hell is this fat man?". I've been going the gym and running, but don't seem to be working. I've been doing weights too but my moobs seems to be growing rather than shrinking. I never thought much about it until this morning when I went shopping with my fiancee she asks me "Do you want to get some new clothes" and I said no because I want to lose weight first and she said "you've been saying that for the last 4 years". She's not the most motivating of people.

I just want to see some results. I'm finding it tough staying away from fizzy pop and bread. My diet isn't THAT bad, it's just those two things that kill me at times. I try to get to the gym at least 3-4 times a week, do 45-60 mins of cardio per session and 30 mins of weights but I don't seem to be seeing any difference. If I could lose my moobs, and some weight off my thighs and my stomach, I'd probably drop 1-1.5 stone there and then lol. I just need help. :-(

Replies

• Madsocks
    Madsocks Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've also tried a detox that a friend of mine on here recommended, but due to my IBS, I can only go a day before my stomach becomes really sore. :-(
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    You should probably put more focus on your diet, get some kind of deficit going, even if only a small one, in conjunction with exercise.
    You can still eat bread and drink pop with a calorie deficit.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Replace regular pop with diet or zero, try some crystal light or mio water flavors. As for bread, there are some lower calorie varieties, like sandwich and bagel thins or Sara Lee 45 calories, but they aren't the best. I find just having the real deal (like fresh baked or French crusty loaf) as a treat once in a while is more satisfying.
    Umm...you really don't need to detox. Just stick to your deficit:) How's your protein?
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Detoxes are a bunch of hooey and hokum. Save your money.

To lose weight, all you have to do is maintain a calorie deficit. Read the stickies to get started in this forum to get started.
  • Madsocks
    Options
    Replace regular pop with diet or zero, try some crystal light or mio water flavors. As for bread, there are some lower calorie varieties, like sandwich and bagel thins or Sara Lee 45 calories, but they aren't the best. I find just having the real deal (like fresh baked or French crusty loaf) as a treat once in a while is more satisfying.
    Umm...you really don't need to detox. Just stick to your deficit:) How's your protein?

Hi. I try to use some protein shakes when I'm going to the gym but most of the time I tend to forget. I try and eat chicken, rice etc but could be doing with eating more.
  • Madsocks
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    Detoxes are a bunch of hooey and hokum. Save your money.

To lose weight, all you have to do is maintain a calorie deficit. Read the stickies to get started in this forum to get started.

I will do. Thanks. :smile:
  • Eggsweet
    Eggsweet Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Try carbonated water like La Croix, it is a good alternative to soda bc it has no sugar or aspartame. It also tastes pretty good for what it is, my favorite is lemon.
  • Sozu
    Sozu Posts: 18 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    All is about deficit. I suggest drinking loads of water as well, both good for keep you feel full for a period as well as other benefits such as enhancing skin.
    Start log your meals on MyFitnessPal daily, make it a habit! And you will see where it goes uphill as well other members in this thread can give you advice.
    Also: (Make The Change - Motivational Video ft. RSD Max) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtvAdS44NAg
  • Madsocks
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    You should probably put more focus on your diet, get some kind of deficit going, even if only a small one, in conjunction with exercise.
    You can still eat bread and drink pop with a calorie deficit.

I do tend to struggle with the food side of things, not really badly, but I do stray away from healthy food now and again. I think I need to try and develop some kind of daily planner. It's just sticking to it. I've had motivation in the past, a lot of it, but now i'm trying to find it again. :(
  • Madsocks
    Options
    Sozu wrote: »
    All is about deficit. I suggest drinking loads of water as well, both good for keep you feel full for a period as well as other benefits such as enhancing skin.
    Start log your meals on MyFitnessPal daily, make it a habit! And you will see where it goes uphill as well other members in this thread can give you advice.
    Also: (Make The Change - Motivational Video ft. RSD Max) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtvAdS44NAg

Water is definitely not a problem. :smile: I must go through at least 3 litres worth every day in work, I'm always up at the water machine lol.
  • Madsocks
    Options
    Eggsweet wrote: »
    Try carbonated water like La Croix, it is a good alternative to soda bc it has no sugar or aspartame. It also tastes pretty good for what it is, my favorite is lemon.

Sounds good. Don't think we get it over here in the UK though, never seen that particular brand before.